Why do I get penalized for internet disconnection

I’m playing really well, supporting the team and BOOM, there goes my internet and 50 sr. I just don’t feel like that is fair, especially since I have no control over my internet’s behavior. I pay for it and it acts up, that’s not my fault and it’s definitely not on purpose.

Unfortunately if there was no penalty, players would abuse the system by disconnecting themselves from their network to make it appear like a disconnect.

The only answer I can provide is that if the issue persists and is not limited to your system, to contact your ISP for help.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Playerside, your connection is your responsibility. Blizzard can’t do anything to prevent your ISP or router from disconnecting, and it’s their personal responsibility to make sure that people who leave games (not just quitters) aren’t ruining matches for the other members of their team. That means punishing you for joining too many matches with a bad connection.