🤨 Why do I feel like with Dev's Responses are now like this

Okay. I know how you feel though as when things are important to you then it can seem like the devs literally do not care if they’re not addressing your specific issue.

We all have our time in the barrel and the spotlight when it comes to fixing things. Doomfist got the spotlight for a while and because he got too much shine now he’s about to be placed in the barrel. People who one trick or only play a few characters(Mercy,Torb,Sym,etc) have a much greater chance at being alienated and frustrated by the dev’s current focus.

Here is this better

As for CD: Let just disagree, Things could have been handle differently. This is all too unfriendly nerfs and buffs lately. Heavily favored it seems in a certain direction every year. Last year Dive, this year Goats…Next year I guess we are back to 3* tank or a sniper meta

1 Like

The developers comments on balance might be limited because they probably don’t have backing for their decisions/backing that the user base would actually like.

Blizzard is sitting on a mountain of data.

You’ll notice however, that they virtually never bring it out.

If I was doing balance based changes I’d be bringing out stats nearly every single time and even for some of the times that the decisions are feel based. Stats are frequently easier to take than feels like statements as players disagree about how things feel.

For example, let’s say they started getting feedback about Mercy hiding with increasing frequency. If they started monitoring Mercy’s inactivity periods and they found that 70% of Mercy’s spent at least 15s per match doing nothing when they had ult while a fight was going on and then told people that. It would have been far more persuasive than what they put out.

Using stats can also make people be nicer to you when you inevitably mess up when trying to fix things. Everybody makes mistakes from time to time but, if you look like you are making them all of the time people will want you gone instead of getting over it.

Plus you’ve got the old “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.”

Well I guess your right… but madness is start to take over after so many years of this