Why did you remove so much?

Why are people making complaints over old maps no longer being used? Can’t we all just enjoy brand new content instead?

It’s something where they have to be careful. We still play a game where it was needed to have private profiles, because someone dares to play an off-role or hero.
Personally I look way too much at the scoreboard only made my matches on Mercy look worse, because everyone can see that her heal is average while also doing 0 damage compared to all the other supports. It’s not a good feeling to be on display like that.

It’s the forums, we’ve gotta have something to complain about.

People complaining that they would have to wait for season 2 for balance changes so blizz decides to do a mid season patch, now they’re complaining that blizzard is going to screw up the balance changes. Sometimes you can’t please people no matter what you do.

I was around for this - I know lol. Just made a cheeky joke.

If by some logic it really is equivalent to new maps in terms of work - they should’ve either pushed the launch off (because it’s clearly nowhere near ready in about 67 different ways now) or kept the mode & maps in at least quickplay with some new minor adjustments to tide it over.

Imo, it’s just not acceptable for a sequel to cut that much content when it already has little in the way of new content.

We should be getting patches every 3 weeks, if not I might actually stop playing OW as thats a clear sign of a dead game

When your “sequel” has a pittance of new content by comparison to the first game’s launch state - I think it’s valid to question why it was a good idea to remove a significant amount of content and supportive features.

• but that’s just me

I’m on board with quick balance changes, i was just giving an example of how the forums will complain about anything and everything. :joy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/i0t53g/ask_us_anything_join_the_overwatch_development/fzs30mq/?context=3

To turn them into another mode it would have taken as much effort as making new maps. This is something that the devs have said themselves and the logic is perfectly sound. It’s not as simple as moving some obstacles around and adding in different objectives, that’s not how level design works.