Why did you remove "PNG" and replace it with "Latency"?

My “PNG” used to be 36 ms, but now my “Latency” is 50 ms. I would like PNG to return because Latency makes it feel awkward, and I feel like I lag a lot more now. The slingshot lag really affects my gameplay and those who are grouped with me.

1 Like

Nocebo effect. Nothing more. Move along.

1 Like

There is clearly a difference in either the measurement of my latency, or the system is slowing my connection down somehow. Something is different.

There’s no difference.

1 Like

No difference?

My png used to be 36ms. (Before Latency)
Now it’s ~50ms (after Latency)

I believe there is.

Everybody’s ping went up when they changed it to latency. Its just a number tho.

1 Like

There is no “before latency.” There is no “after latency.” It’s a different measurement.

1 Like

I just subtract latency and the other option and get my average of 27 ping. Anyone else have this happen when subtracting?

They combined RTT and ping into latency; it’s the EXACT same. They just can’t give the data of each because of Microsoft’s recent update which makes it ten times more expensive to do so.

3 Likes

This. It was patched. Nothing is different except the way it’s displayed.

Everyone has 20-30 more latency than what they did ping.

1 Like

Microsoft’s recent update which makes it ten times more expensive to do so.

wait what

1 Like

For reference.

3 Likes

Latency is just a better way of showing how long it is taking for an action you take to process.
Ping was just a one way ticket, showing you how long it took to reach the server from your location.
It has no gameplay difference.

Your ping is still lower than the latency value displayed, the latency is just additional information that lets you know how long your actions take to be implemented.

2 Likes

There was a post somewhere explaining it, but basically it came down to

1. tracking ping costs money
  2. latency basically gives you the same information
  3. displaying latency instead of ping saves blizzard a bunch of money
  4. latency is basically the same thing but ~10 ms higher
2 Likes

Damn Intell’s laziness, and greed. It’s punishing everyone.

I’m pretty sure they use jpegs

thank you, this is what i was asking for lol