Why did you delete Echo’s personality?

Did they add more? They did a few awhile ago.

Did they do some more recently or something?

Some one got cliff notes on what happened?

https://twitter.com/pharahdise/status/1263708319497154563

that’s what he meant. they hired a new voice actor to fix echo’s singaporean lines.
Meanwhile Zarya VA: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :wink:

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth::tea:

That doesn’t really explain the “can or not” line

here ya go

Yeah, I get it.

But both “can or not” and “double confirmed” are in English anyway. Why would they change them and not every other English line too?
The only way this makes sense for me is that they plan to rerecord the Singaporean lines with Jeannie Bolet to get a more accurate pronunciation and they’re just using a past VA as a placeholder. For now though it’s just weird

Edit: Wait, I’ve just realised my ignorance and that Singapore English is apparently a thing, oops. Still, it’s super weird for her to have two separate VAs, especially considering they had her do all the lines in other languages for her ultimate.

1 Like

Then i want torb’s voice actor changed to a real swedish man.

#GiveTorbSwedishVoicelines

3 Likes

What happened with her voice lines

They changed many voice lines with the new update. Not just Echo. Moira and Ashe also use different ultimate voice lines for self :<

Dolya is good imo :.

She adapted to not have a personality so she wouldn’t offend anyone. She’ll learn that no matter what you do, you’ll never please everyone.

2 Likes

Echo is the only hero that speaks english only in the german version…which feels a lil bit strange. Anybody know if it is a bug and is she english only speaker in other non-english localizations aswell?

It just feels wrong lmao the voicelines feel like two different people now. There’s different pronunciations for various English words across the spectrum of English speaking countries, IDK why it was such a stretch to think that an entity associated with a multinational organization, might not have the same pronunciations as someone who only ever lived in Singapore.

2 Likes

yeah pls revert echos voicelines,

i liked the “So SHIOK!”

it sounds like she was saying “SO SHOOK”

4 Likes

I thought the Zarya voice actor was Russian or atleast of Russian descent.

Nope she’s from Bulgaria. Her russian is terrible and this is awful tbh, because blizz KNEW how russian should sound like, for example, side russian voice on Volskaya industries is great!

Wait wait what? can someone explain me what voicelines idk what any of tis is about lol

read my posts above please , I explained everything

Maybe it has something to do with this?

1 Like

tbh even if the voicelines were mis pronounced, i think it gives her even more personality, uninteionally,

she is a AI with a deep learning argorythm, but overall she is super young and has yet to learn much, so i think it kinda makes sense that she repeats stuff without fully knowing what it is or how to pronounce it

Oh yes, thank you, that makes totally sense, i somehow missed this patchnotes.

1 Like