Why did they take headshots away from bastion

So strong that was barely picked even before.

4 Likes

Right? I don’t get the whole “he would do too much DPS otherwise” thing, that’s what he did before… I mean, yeah, with Ironclad it might be a bit much, but if it is, you can just give him 1.5x multiplier headshots instead (kinda like how Widow has 2.5x headshots).

1 Like

I think as long as Sentry Mode exists, Bastion will always be synonymous with Bunker Comp since a hero that is planted in one spot like Bastion is will always need something like an Orisa’s or Rein’s shield to be effective.

Thats how blizzard reworks work, they give you some stuff you dont really need in exchange for taking away some actual useful things.

sombrasayshi

1 Like

Bastion was way stronger before. In terms of damage.

Now he survives longer, but the hanzo buff makes him useless.

If bastion could survive storm arrows, he would see more use.

1 Like

Storm arrows aren’t what’s holding him back, it’s his very poor damage output at range. Here’s a reference if you haven’t seen it. That’s a chart of some tests done on a Training Bot. Actual in-game performance will vary obviously, but against most heroes in the game, he’ll be doing less DPS because they’re smaller, and they’re moving around.

He can survive storm arrows if he heals himself, he just can’t survive the followup shot without another healer or two on him.

2 Likes

Who is the most played hero at the moment?
Reinhardt.
His biggest counter is bastion.

Of all the 10 most played heroes, only hanzo is there to counter bastion.
As for the others, bastion is a direct counter to 4 of them.
The others have mobility to get away, but can’t do anything against him.

I think the pre-ironclad bastion would be much more useful, being able to headshot and do crazy burst damage is amazing.

1 Like

here’s why…Mohammed-zea wasn’t really fond of Bastion.

1 Like

Probably because they didnt want somewhere around 40% of games involving bastions being supported and built around. People throw around the term unfun a lot around here but being mowed down by a player made sentry with player controlled support is pretty much going to kill your enjoyment of a match. Even his counters are easy to pressure and control so that the bastion can do its job, the mere presence of one doesn’t mean the bastion has to switch the rest of his team can back him up.

Bastion fell victim to what I suspect Hanzo will fall victim to in the future - they buffed him to a point where they had to mitigate his damage somehow (thus removing headshots), and then it remained even after the other nerfs meant to put him in a more reasonable spot, resulting in him currently having a feature that doesn’t really make sense.

It will be the same with Hanzo and Mercy/Ana/Orisa not being able to damage boost his ult in the future even when he’s no longer meta - someone will ask “why is this, it doesn’t make sense!” and the forum historian will have to tell the tale of how inconsistent nerfs are silly.

1 Like

Bastion can break barriers, yeah sure. But he can’t do much after that… It still takes quite a while to take down a Rein at range, and many other heroes can do the barrier busting job much easier and safer than Bastion. Junkrat for example doesn’t need to even be in the fight, he can spam from over a wall and kill the barrier pretty quick. Roadhog is also good at taking out barriers, so is Pharah and Hanzo. Symm should be good at it on paper, but it kinda varies if she can or not… Bastion however, has to stand in one spot to be able to take out barriers, meaning if anything goes wrong, he’s basically guaranteed to die. And once the barriers are down, these characters are much better at securing kills than Bastion.

2 Likes

Roadhog is also easily countered by the current meta.

Hanzo is quite bad at taking down rein. (over 18 seconds)

The only hero in the meta that kills bastion is hanzo.

I repeat. So strong that still wasn’t picked and it got “reworked” because of that.

2 Likes

Tank shredder
Insane damager
No fun maker

I mean, if that were true, he would have seen a lot more use in dive… He counters Winston really well, and D.va pretty well ever since her 2 second DM rework. Tracer would have been kinda annoying, but if you take out the dive tanks, the rest of the team is just going to fall apart.

1 Like

Except his damage at pretty much anything beyond 20 meters is worse than what a half-decent Soldier could do…

1 Like

But he also didnt have 300 shots b4 reloading, didnt take less dmg while in tank and sentry, couldnt heal while moving etc.

You don’t need 300 shots if you have good damage, you’ll take 0 damage in Sentry and Tank mode if you kill the enemy, and yeah, the healing thing is kinda fair…

People should really stop looking for any buff that increases Bastion’s damage. His raw damage output is outrageous as is, there is literally zero chance that the developers will increase it.

Bastion may need some help, but damage increases are a non starter.