Why did they make demon hunter base game?

It’s an “I supported this when someone else didn’t” mentality, which is fine. I pre-ordered Overwatch, supported it when it could have been a failure right out of the door. For that, all of us were rewarded with a special skin via Widow.

I love exclusive stuff. “You didn’t support x when it was available, so it isn’t really my problem if you don’t have it. You didn’t donate to BCRF when you could have, sucks you didn’t get the skin but everyone had that chance,” etc.

If it was due to not being interested or not having the means doesn’t matter, exclusives make people buy things, letting everyone have those exclusives later makes people not buy from the business again because that trust in the incentive is gone.

Saying it once and never again, knowing the majority of people won’t see the initial post, isn’t giving people that “informed decision.”

For many people, it wasn’t made known enough to make an informed decison. And in case of Twitter they were flat out misinformed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1040010808770478080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-36233680751910511791.ampproject.net%2F1904200955460%2Fframe.html

Edit:

Can someone make that a proper link for me?

You didn’t buy the skin, though. You simply bought the game prior to release. That’s why most companies release the pre-order bonus as proper DLC after the game was released. And for Overwatch, it’s not that I wasn’t interested prior to it being released, it’s just I didn’t know it existed until around season 2 of competitive started.

EDIT: And in the case of Blizzcon related skins, you bought the Blizzcon experience, not the skin. The skin was simply a bonus.

Literally says exclusive too. Hmm

It doesn’t really matter your reason, I told you why people get mad and why businesses do it. Exclusivity matters.

I guess that’s fair. Personally, I don’t care one way or the other. For example, I think the pre-order Widow skin looks like crap. Seems like an egotistical mentality, and a rather unhealthy one at that.

It is arguably one of the worst skins in game, doesn’t stop me from wearing it to be Petty sometimes though.

Why do you care? You have the skin and got to show it off long before it’s been made available to everyone else.

1 Like

That’s fair. We all like to be petty sometimes.

Yup. They put in small print on the news blog to cover themselves legally, but they didn’t really want it well known. They know most people aren’t reading gaming news blogs or watching Twitch/YouTube.

That’s legitimately scummy.

1 Like

Because even though the very first post about Blizzcon said it was going to be available later, their Twitter, which has a vastly larger audience, said it was exclusive. False advertising at its finest, but it is fine because they made fine print on the first post.

I’ll say mine once as well.
The only people who legitimately had 0 warning about it were those that bought the tickets to the physical event, the in game goodies hadn’t been unveiled, the virtual tickets had a disclaimer stating there wasn’t full exclusivity.

Arguing the disclaimer was implemented in a scummy way, or placed in a way that no one would find it is entirely fair, but there was warning. Failure to heed that is on the individual.

that’s how they gets ya…as you can plainly see. It’s just a way to entice players into getting the ticket. Nothing more, nothing less.

Or someone who doesn’t get involved in fandom culture and instead just plays the game.

1 Like

Yeah. Pre-order bonuses quite often get released as paid dlc, so if they ever made Noire available, I couldn’t care less. If they don’t, I also don’t care. I was told that some advertisement said it was exclusive, but I haven’t seen any. If it was significantly advertised as such, it should be kept that way, obviously. But all the ads I saw did not use that word.

Blizzcon though typically includes exclusive stuff, even whoever runs their Twitter didn’t get the memo that it wasn’t. So anything not specifically advertised as being non-exclusive (like Sombra skin) should remain that way.

Just how I feel.

“Random culture”?

The literal page telling you the bonuses that came with your ticket that you bought, is “random culture”?

Fandom. Not random.

The page you bought the ticket did not include that information. The Twitter did not include that information.

It’s not unimaginable that someone saw that Tweet, clicked buy ticket, and thought they had made an informed decison.

1 Like