Why did blizzard remove 2CP assault instead of reworking

If i remember correctly years ago they were talking about reworking entirely the 2CP and make it more enjoyable such as doing it 3 capture point instead of 2 etc, now they have decided to remove it completely, is this laziness? Yes i think so. 2CP was one of my favourite maps & mode, yes it requires more coordination and the snowball effect can be very frustrating on the second point, BUT STILL, they couldve done something to fix this issue yet, they choose to not care and get rid of all the map&mode, sorry but this is so stupid decision, but what do we expect from our beloved company that listen to their community!
Also adding a new mode “push” to compensate as if this mode was fun to play and maps are horribly designed, everyone is spread everywhere in the map, the map is too big, you need more coordination than 2cp, stop making nonsense!

They did try reworking it. Jeff once listed a whole bunch of things they tried and we even got a failed rework attempt as an experimental card.

They already wasted a lot of time and resources, it’s far better for them to put that energy into creating new content rather than trying and failing to fix old content that simply doesn’t work.

1, Push was announced before the decision to remove 2CP was made.
2. There will be a new mode to compensate for removing 2CP. It is not Push.

Stop making bait threads :upside_down_face:

People just jumped on the hate bandwagon because it was cool.

Do you have any proof of that? No

Isnt their job to found a solution, 2CP was not that horrible (except Paris) stop saying like it was unbearable mode

Is this your job to bootlick and protect multimillionaire corp?

Why still no announcement? What are they waiting for?

I could be wrong because I don’t feel like finding out a source to verify, but I swear that this other mode was announced before the 2CP removal was made official.

2CP just got taken out because of severe unpopularity.

Probably bunch of bronze that don’t know how to deal with the mode

Shrug. I have a hard time imagining every single person who didn’t like it was stupid or incompetent.

Y’all are so salty and angry about everything all of the time lol

Sure do buddy-o :blush:

Not to the point where they’re wasting copious amounts of time and resources

Kindly quote where I said that :slight_smile:

I didn’t even dislike 2CP myself.

Just stop making bait threads mate

By my knowledge, the first official mention of this new mode was in May of last year, whereas 2CP’s removal was announced at Blizzconline in February.

In addition to Push, the team is currently working through introducing an additional new game mode to Overwatch 2. We don’t have any details we’re ready to share just yet, but we can’t wait to share more ahead of the Overwatch 2 launch. During the livestream, we also confirmed that the Assault (known colloquially as “2CP”) will be leaving the Competitive playlist in Overwatch 2, to be replaced with a new game mode.

You could be right, I remember for some reason having the inkling after 2019 that they had loosely mentioned the mode. I could be wrong either way. I mean, it was so nebulous I thought it was scrapped until a month ago when they announced the seasonal format anyway.

1 Like

I think it’s the opposite, making a push and thinking it will be well received, you don’t see the waste here?

It’s just not worth it. They’ve already admitted what they do. Even the post above me makes zero sense. Blizz was supposed to forsee that some people wouldn’t like their new push mode, and cancel their new gamemode based on that minority, and then rework the mode that the majority dislikes.

1 Like

So i’m making a thread talking about 2CP and you all think i’m trolling because i made a THREAD …? Where is the proof?

Just because you deleted (and then undeleted after I called you out on it) the reply doesn’t mean I don’t still have the quote lol. I dunno what you get out of spamming trending bait posts but your arguments definitely aren’t in good faith.

The answer to the question you made that thread about was in the photo you were complaining about.

I didn’t delete anything and yes that was a bait to get answer! Because blizzard can’t give anything properly!
The forums are there to ask question, if they give me the right to do it, i’m not gonna listen to a random on the internet telling me what to do, stay mad pal