Why developers silent on Roadhog bugs?

Hook is still broken and there is no response from devs
But Kaplan says they reading our feedback,hmm…

8 Likes

Can you post or link to a video of the hook bug you’re referring to?

Also, moving this to the bug report forum…

21 Likes

He’s probably talking about the LOS checks. They feel really brutal sometimes.

4 Likes

I’m imagining Jeff getting some kinda vindictive look responding to this…

5 Likes

sorry i cant post any video but i can confirm
when he attracts a tracer or genji, they run away from the hook without problems by using their abilities

and the genji teleports behind the back after hooking

4 Likes

Hook should have only one LOS check. If it connects it should pull the target in front of Hog. It only make sense. People were crying about being hooked from around the corner, and that could be removed by first LOS check. And now you can counter hook by spamming Space near any obstacle and it will break from any momentum you have. Also, I saw some clips of hook breaking on flat surfaces if it connects at the moments when target landing from simple jump. Now I am not game developer, but I know for sure there is some funky coding in this ability.

3 Likes

I’ve had that one! It was ridiculous. Like, he dashed when my hook hit him, so somehow, I still caught him, but he ended up catapulting behind my back so I couldn’t peg him.

3 Likes

I think the main bug he’s talking about, or the only bug I know of, is Roadhog’s hook being WAY too sensitive. Or the most common case, is it unhooks without anything actually breaking LOS. Been in since Hog’s hook change with his damage nerf.

3 Likes

Remember to click your highlight capture button next time that happens and save it in the highlights menu. it’s easy to find the clip in the OW folder and upload to youtube to link here

Hey jeff. these are couple of examples of hook bugs and inconsistency i found around. hook tends to go through enemies or disconnects from them for no reason.

also it seems hook doesn’t work on tracer or genji sometimes if your ping is above 20 or something and they can blink or dash out of it. (also on other heroes with mobility options same thing happens. you can even hear the sound effect of hitting the enemy but it doesn’t work)
8 Likes

Sometimes, whoever you hook disappears.

Also, every time you hook someone from a different elevation level, they get hooked either above you, on your level, or somewhere in between. I don’t care what you set it to, but can you make it consistent?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ztvj7r9P2J0

4 Likes

I’ve hooked someone once from above, and they landed on my head and I couldn’t shoot them before they jumped down and ran away.

2 Likes

come on Jeff come and read our feedbacks

1 Like

I’ll actually try to play more footage of hog but I think even in the OW league you could see some of those bugs. Unless it’s intended that Hog, when on a higher ground hooks someone and the target manages to get off the high ground to be pulled by gravity, the hook gets disconnected. To me it feels like an unfair feeling for hog, the hook connected, line of sight was present but because that very short ‘stun’ moment while connecting, gravity gets into play, the LoS is semi lost and thus the hook gets interrupted.

I saw this more than once in OWL. or I could get console footage but I’m not sure console is looked at anyway here…

2 Likes

Honestly I think with the LoS checks they’re either gonna feel bad for Roadhog or for the people getting hooked, and I think the way they are now is pretty ok. There’s a few times where I land hooks and they randomly detach, but it’s not a common issue.

Since we are all here talking about Roadhog bug fixes can we get a fix on the Hook/Melee/Shoot combo. Roadhog ether shoots or melee’s not both at the same time. To people who don’t understand what I’m talking about its when you melee after you shoot which cancels out shot animation and makes it look like He just Doomfisted you.

if roadhog gets stunned in anyway after he hooks a target, the target still gets pulled in via an invisible hook. if theres a los check, why isnt there a check to see if roadhog got stunned?? also roadhog is able to hook non-player things, like junkrats trap (???). i dont think these things are intentional

1 Like

Hook 2.0 was perfect. One LOS check stopped you pulling things around walls. No breaks out in the open. Enemies were brought closer to you so you more consistently killed them. He shoots confetti now so bringing this back would help him loads.

3 Likes

I had no idea this was a bug. I don’t use Hog so I wouldn’t have never known. I wonder if Hog hooked me before? Sometimes I bait it out or Fade side step it.

I didn’t know you could hook his trap (never tried). But I do know you can hook his tire, and hook Dvas mech. I think if it belong to a player, and isn’t a “projectile” you can hook it.