Why Cleanse doesn’t work

Cleanse is an support ability, you usually see in other like game.

But in Overwatch, such things happen to slow to be impacting.

For example: Your Ally was Frozen by a Mei or Hacked by a Sombra

What would cleansing help in that situation?

Because if you cleanse the Ally… you basically putting yourself at risk.

If you’re Ally left the group, then it’s more their fault going 1v6.

If your Ally is with the group… well it’s just easier to “support” by just removing the Mei or Sombra.

Cleanse is more self survival utility.

1 Like

narrow minded is how i’d describe you

7 Likes

Things are faster on a narrow path

The only current “cleanse an ally” ability in the game is Zarya’s bubbles and they’re actual VERY helpful in saving players who about to die to something burn or are trying to escape a freeze. Also, hack as an example here is weird because hack can’t be cleansed. Anti-heal cleanse is also pretty helpful, or removing discord orb.

To make a “cleanse” ability viable you would have to have something else with it, like how Zarya’s cleanse is also a personal barrier for whoever gets it.

9 Likes

What does that even mean?

2 Likes

Overwatch is a fast paced team game

The thing should be AoE with a duration like 6 seconds or so. Not a 1 time. You apply it to a hero that fights a mei or so. If its single target then higher duration. Maybe even a small heal together with it because JUST cleanse is pretty weak.

What does this mean in relation to the “narrow path” comment?

Isn’t Zarya bubble kinda like a cleanse? That’s one of the best abilities in the game.

2 Likes

1 Like

Was thinking it like when you put your thumb over a running hose…

The pressure from your thumb and narrowing the end of the hose, increases the waters speed.

It’s early for me, still drinking coffee

1 Like

I thought he was going to say you think faster when you think narrowly, but then he took a left turn into the creek.

It feels weird to make an ability specifically designed to counter just one other hero.

1 Like

I mean, it’s just adding to the already existing purple biotic orb…

(Which had very little reason for getting used)

Your wasting an entire orb that could been used for healing or damage.

Orb have a long cooldown too…

You might had just emote as well while you are at it.

The distraction would help more.

To be fair, you won’t be healing a target suffering from anti-heal. You’d be stuck doing mediocre damage until the debuff wears off.

So using a cleanse actually makes more sense then using a damage orb for damage, you might actually keep someone alive.

1 Like

That’s mostly to the bubble more, the cleanse is just more a hitchhiker.

are u seriously saying that cleansing teammates from anti heal would be useless…:neutral_face:

If the enemy is dead then you can’t take damage

If the Ally is out of position though, they were already walking dead.

Pro Mercy players understand this

Some people are just not worth wasting Time rezing

I mean you could at least make a counter point and/or explain why you think they’re narrow minded.

1 Like