Why cant we see our mmr?

like whats the big deal? just let everyone know their mmr. i just want to know why we cant know?

6 Likes

Its pretty much your SR, unless you are smurf or on new account.

And we cant see it because we wound not understand it anyway, its probably not simple number as SR.

3 Likes

What difference does it make if we can’t see MMR? Everyone has to win games to rank up and get a higher SR up so the other number, to the player, is useless.
MMR is just your slower moving number, SR is your highly volatile one. Good enough…

The only time you see MMR being an issue is in QP. Where even after 4+ years of the game being out some players still don’t understand QP it’s an unlimited team average. So you get this strange issue where some 2k-SR player legit thinks their MMR and player skill is the same as some 3.8k player on the other team being they are in a game together.

4 Likes

but its still data that i would like to have access to. i would like to know the data that decided my matches. and it does play a roll in deciding our matches.

3 Likes

I think we should be able to see it since it’s been admitted to being the reason you’re games are matched the way they are.
And matches suck right now… so…

4 Likes

This is a great question, with an answer that is deeply unfavorable for Blizzard. MMR is a set of metrics used for handicapping competitive games; Blizzard does not want you to understand that, which is why they hide it. They also hide it to keep people from gaming the system.

More info in my thread:

7 Likes

It isn’t basically SR - the devs have said so.

2 Likes

People would complain about the handicapping even more. Imagine being in gold with a diamond MMR and seeing that you get 2 silver MMR teammates every game to make the matches “fair.”

EDIT: I guess I just repeated what Cuthbert said.

7 Likes

Even if you could see your MMR, I doubt it would actually tell you anything. As far as I know (from what I recall the devs saying) MMR is a string of numbers and characters. It’s not a defined number like SR.

MMR is (or at least can be represented as) standard deviations from the mean. They could display this number. But then you’d see the other team has 6 MMR=0 players, you have MMR=1, teamed with a bunch of negative MMR players to make up for you.

2 Likes

Cause it’s just a number used for the algorithm. You don’t need to see it?

1 Like

at least you could check their math
mmr is basically a leaderboard with better stat collection than the medal system
right now people who carry get a lot of toxicity for “not carrying enough” and slackers who get carried get to hide behind forced 50% wr and private profiles

5 Likes

There’s no forced 50% win rate. A handicapped system will have most people win around 50%, even if they are way out of position for their skill, though.

data always tells you something and if its a deciding factor in games, it most certainly would tell us something interesting.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing a QPR…

Speaking of things you’ve already said, remember this one?

2 Likes

We can’t see it because it’s provably rigged. No one hides fairplay and integrity behind a black box. You literally can’t patent fair matchmaking because it isn’t novel. Accountability through transparency.

With 4+ years of data/analysis, they can estimate not only the outcome, but the margin of victory (MoV) down to decimal places. This assumes some bounded variance, of which most people have now since learned how to spoof or deliberately foil. Why? Because customers are sick of being the product. This also means the classifier degrades to basically just hoping for the best or gambling on your session-based trend/intent.

2 Likes

How about stop trying to look smart by using buzzwords to catch attention & actually, you know…prove these completely baseless theories since it’s so “provably rigged”

3 Likes

This! The MMR number from what I know is an insanely long series of numbers that are linked to a ton of different things in game. It just wouldn’t make sense to players so essentially SR is a digestible MMR instead of a series of 20 numbers or something crazy like that.

2 Likes

Mmr is a single number between around -3 and 3. Pretty simple. Source: Jeff.