Why can't I rejoin matches?

Ok so this is kinda new for me … Normaly, you have 2 minutes to rejoin a ranked match when you leave …

Recently, my internet crashed 2 times so i quickly grabbed my phone to get internet here and share it to my computer … i log in and I’ve lose 50 SR and i’m suspended …

WHY ?!

It clearly took me less than 30 sec to get my internet back … I shouldn’t, by any way, get suspended and the only way to get back in the match, is to close the game and relaunch it to get the “Rejoin match” option.

I don’t know if it’s a bug or a “new” feature, but this is ridiculous.

If you disconnect multiple times too then it will also result in a penalty.

1 Like

Bliz has had issues with the whole “Rejoin match” option since they instituted it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve lost connection to the game before with internet working perfectly fine, and when I restart OW, which takes less than 20 seconds, it will sometimes put me on a loading screen for over a minute before it kicks me to the main menu and gives me the leavers penalty.

I’ve seen this reported in the tech section about not being able to reconnect, and they’ve pretty much just blame us for it.

Like i wanted to get disconneted …

No. I already got disconnect like that (my internet crashed) and it never happend to me before.

1 Like

Are you using WiFi or direct cable connection?

I think i’ll do that, as soon as my internet crash, I close the game then rush to my phone to activate the Internet share. This should take about … 1 min more or less.

lol i got dc for inactivity cause my dad booted me off the computer for a bit then i couldnt rejoin (we still had the enemy team to attack). in any case it showed up as a win of 0-2? and i only lost like 20 sr? let me rejoin and continue carrying the match

I’m using a network kit, something plugged, linked to my modem with another thingy in my room, in ethernet but recently, this kit’s been all buggy for no reasons like, right now as im writing this, my computer isn’t connect with ethernet but my phone is using wifi.

Not sure, but unless you see a physical cable directly connecting your PC (or laptop) to your modem (router), then you’re using WiFi.

I used to have 2 disconnects every month on WiFi until I bought a $5 cable and connected my PC directly to the router.

Now I get 1 disconnect a year.

Im not using WiFi i told you.
There’s a cable linked to my modem into a plugged thing
There’s the same plugged thing in my room linked to my pc
(Sorry, i don’t know how you call that in english)

Also, disconnects are pretty random for me, i can 0 time up to 5 times a day or more, and not every day.

1 Like

Even when having internet crashes, if you get put out of the match multiple times it can result in a penalty, even if it’s under the 2 minute mark.

(Disconnections at the start of the match will result in a direct penalty as the match is cancelled, same goes for disconnecting and the match ends)

Are you talking about this?
https://imgur.com/a/37Fzz1w

1 Like

I’ve never heard of that.
Since the beginning i’ve had internet crashes and managed to come back under the minute mark like nothing happened, why wouldn’t it be the case now.

I would have no idea, but seeing you have alot of disconnects it doesn’t sound you should play Competitive in the first place if you have such instability.

1 Like

Yup, that’s that, probably what’s causing me all these crashed too

Ah, yeah that’s a wifi extender.

It doesn’t technically make your internet as good as Ethernet, might make the WiFi a bit better but it still practically operates as WiFi so it isn’t that good.

1 Like

Like I said before, it’s completely random and ofc, it always crashes when Im playing or it wouldn’t be fun.

I just had the same problem. Got a bit of a lag spike in game but i was playing through it, lost connection to the game but rejoined within a minute. When it was loading in i got the text saying that I was rejoining match but instead I loaded into the competitive screen saying I had a 9 minute ban. I usually have a very reliable internet connection. it only happened once not multiple times and its been at least a year since the last time I had a game drop. I’m less worried about the sr loss and more worried about the fact that my team is going to think I left intentionally since it will look like I didn’t attempt to rejoin at all on their end and because of this I’m probably going to get at least a few reports. So I guess I’ll just have to refrain from playing in competitive for a bit until I can either find out what went wrong on my end or blizzard can guarantee that everyone will get a 2 minute window to rejoin.

This is the first time this happened to me so I also thought maybe it was a new feature they just put into place. Nice to know I’m not the only one who had this problem at least so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

oh also I use a hardline for my connection not wifi, i noticed it was a question a few of you asked.

That WiFi extender is still WiFi.

If you can connect your PC to the modem with a physical cable, it could fix it.

Nice.

Many don’t realize how reliable a physical cable connection is, compared to WIFi.

It’s cheap too. Mine was $5.