Why can't genji be nerfed?

to stop dive, a composition where Genji was the least important member. the must picks were tracer, winston, d.va, and zenyatta. genji was regularly replaced by soldier, mccree, widowmaker, pharah, sombra, and doomfist.

right, you alone know how to balance this game far more than a huge team of developers that make 6 digit salaries literally just to keep the game balanced and receive millions of data points daily about how each hero is performing at every rank in every game mode

blizzard’s problem is that they’re slow, not that they can’t balance the game. almost every patch so far has been good

1 Like

Wait but earlier you said

Now you’re changing your stance on that? Hmm :thinking:

Blizzard problem is that they are not even trying to balance the game. They are just choosing the next meta and calling it balancing patches.

Yep, just like world of warcraft developer have tons of datas to fix the game and still they are ruining it. The issue is so much bigger than only knowledge

He wont be touched because the moment someone posts about nerfing him, the Genji mains crawl out in force to explain how:

*Hes the most difficult, skilled hero to play in the game. You 100% need a Nasa engineering degree to even touch the character.

*Hes been nerfed hundreds if not thousands of times. Try and count on your hand and list the actual nerfs he received.

*Hes never picked. All those matches where you go up against Genji? Yeah, he wasnt really there. That was Sombra posing as Genji.

*He has counters - LOL! Well theres Winston…theres Moria…theres Brig…

The truth is people have called for him to be toned down for years. Him and Tracer. You can Google and go back to the old OW forums and see countless threads about both heroes.

With the amount of nerfs going out to heroes, he absolutely needs some work. His ult, his abilities, etc all need to be revamped at this point. Its not about being a skilled character and its not about the childish “git gud against him” easy comeback line. Its about an ubalanced hero that glides under the radar because along with Tracer, represents the “face” of OW.

1 Like

Lol. Dude you clearly have zero arguments, I bet you never reached at least Masters, right?
I said DEAL because someone have to play support and Zenyatta have more damage and utilities in Master and above than Moira. I never said Zenyatta will kill him, because it is possible but rare, I’m just saying that Zenyatta is way better than Moira when you are in higher ranks

And also I’m not saying Zenyatta should kill him or not, he is a counter of zenyatta and I wouldn’t expect him to kill Genji easily

Genji is not untouchable, he has gotten changes.

Ok I’m done for today lol

because people want him to be nerfed just for the sake of it
and he doesnt need any

Unless he’s a support he wont be nerfed into the ground lol (joking of course). He doesn’t need it. He’s balanced ^.^

I don’t play WoW so I can’t comment on it, but what makes you think this is the case?

I think Blizzard is kinda stuck, they cannot keep nerfing Brig because they have nerfed her and she still remains effective due to armor. So they either continue nerfing her until they just basically delete her from the game, or they nerf armor which is the problem that actually causes this meta.

I don’t know what will happen to the meta, but I don’t see what else they can do. But if for whatever reason they find a balance where armor isn’t so overcentralizing to the meta, they will be able to rebuff Brig in other areas to stop Tracer and Genji if they were to be too dominant.

Genji definitely won’t be in my opinion, Tracer might.

I think you’re mistaking Genji for Reinhardt.

You have like 0 total time played on genji, maybe play him a bit and you’ll see that it’s not as easy or OP as you think

Because he is the most played hero in QUICK-PLAY and nearly the most USED DPS on all ranks.

If you nerf Genji all the CoD players will go back to CoD black ops 4 making this company LOSE lots of money. Genji users most of the time cant use heros that need gamesense and good pos. This character is a GAMESENSE destroyer

When they released moira, buffed sombra, brig, and until the nerf, doomfist.
also he has been nerfed, like the blade duration time, used to be 8 seconds

that first point is very true as I have glowing brain and I am gotten a A in IQ test

What a load of bs lol, go one trick genji to GM if it’s so easy :joy:

no dude, he has been NERFED. he lost triple jump,deflect hitbox, shuriken speed, I dunno…here look

206 votes and 142 comments so far on Reddit

Name other character with the AMOUNT of escaping tools genji have?

1.- DEFLECT
2.- SLASH
3.- Wall vertical WALK
4.- Double jump make his HIT BOXES even more tiny
5.- AoE Secondary braindead fire that serve to charge ULT without skills
6.- One of the best damaging ultimates of the game that IGNORE barriers

So? i WANT you name ANOTHER DPS hero with this amount of escape tools even TRACER is not so permisive

2 Likes

sombra, teleporting, TELEPORTING, AND TELEPORTING

More than half of those aren’t even escape abilities. You obviously know nothing about the hero. Not surprised considering you’re a gold tank main, wouldn’t expect you to understand genji