Why can't genji be nerfed?

“Genji hasn’t been nerfed so he’s due for a nerf!” terrible logic. You never even responded to the post that pretty much shut down your argument about how zen hasn’t been nerfed either yet no one says a thing about him, cuz he’s balanced? Right, then how come genji is the exception? Because you personally don’t like playing against/getting beat by him? 2 words: Get Good

But it’s that it give him too much breathing room. It means in any situation, he can just say, oh I’ve got this to stop me dying.

1 Like

so does that mean 70% should get nerfed too?
since the “Oh i got this to stop me from dying” applies to almost everyone

It’s that he has that in too many situations. It makes him too lenient.

what about mei or moira i would even go as far as to say they have higher survivability

When mei goes invulnerable, she is glued to one place. You can just surround her. Moira has a 6 second cool down mobility option, and yes she has a heal, but if she is not helping her team, and using her resources on herself, it’s a detriment to the team.

1 Like

I feel like I’ve had to explain this far too much on the forums, it’s common sense.

If Genji is in a position where his mobility allows him to get to safety easily, then that’s by definition good positioning. People here seem to look at things like moving past the choke into the enemy backline as ‘being out of position’ but in reality if he’s in the enemy backline and can easily Swift Strike back behind his shield, cover or to his supports then he was never out of position to begin with.

If a Genji is playing flawlessly so that in every situation regardless of what the enemy does he always has an escape or response that’s intelligent and skillful play that should be rewarded.

TL;DR: If a ‘misplay’ can be easily recovered from through the use of a single ability then it probably wasn’t a misplay to begin with, positional or otherwise.

1 Like

Which is?

Whenever a Genji is too oppressive, I just switch to Sombra and focus my hacks on him. Once had a GM one trick smurf Genji on the enemy team wrecking my team and I shut him down all game as Sombra which ended up giving us the win. (Just barely though)

Zenyatta got nerfed recently, and what about genji?
Zenyatta is a must pick when he have Genji in the game, but maybe when genji is finally balanced we can nerf him.

Not a lot of nerfs, but a lot of counters. Yes, I do agree with you, but as I remember the last counter ruined the game just to make possible to deal with him.
Now everyone have to suffer against brigitte and guess what? Genji still have the highest DPS pick rate

That isn’t good positioning. That’s leniency.

And it gets rewarded, but far too much for how difficult his kit is to use.

1 Like

yes and genji has a deflect that cant deflect moira mei sym zarya winston phara if she knows what shes doing etc
deflect isnt really that op then theres dash a typical move alot of heroes can use whats so op about him

Whenever I face a good Genji, he just cancels the hack every time. He has the advantage after they nerfed her last year.

Dragon Blade reduced from 8 to 6 seconds

Deflect hitbox changed

gEnJi CaNt bE nErFeD

When did i say deflect was OP? it just isnt hard to use. Also, saying how many people can bypass Deflect, and having it be that short of a list is kind of funny.

Oh wow one nerf to volley, such a hindrance. Don’t act like zen being a must pick is genjis fault. Zen is picked in GOATS with no genji involved because of discord. It has absolutely nothing to do with Genji.

Again, how? You have infinite invisibility and hack has a 0.6s cast time.

Are you just running face-first into him? If he reacts to you decloaking behind him to hack, then the easiest way is to just toss your translocator into the air and hack him as you fall.

Most reliable and easiest way to get a hack off.

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, have you ever played Genji in a competitive setting? If so, how many hours?

Just click heads

1 Like

“blizzard NERF the DPS cuz I’m BAD BabyRage”

2 Likes

Even if you go from above or behind. She gives too much warning, and now with the 2 second cool down, he has the advantage. Also, it’s probably best to not keep your translocator with you.