Why can't genji be nerfed?

What I’d really like to see is some power redistributed from his ult into his baseline kit. The whole strategy of “Poke until I can get free kills from my almost uncounterable ult” is incredibly annoying.

1 Like

Zenyatta and Tracer (Rein and Zarya too I think) have had less nerfs than him since launch.

Because

first: They don’t need nerfs.

Second: They’ve given you braindead heroes to deal with them and you’re still failing.

Three: Dive leaving the game will result in either goats, Tank meta, or worse, Sniper meta. I’d rather face dive. So no thanks.

Genji and Hanzo are played by too many anime fans. Blizzard themselves would not be able to handle the reddit backlash if they even considered nerfing them on a PTR.

2 Likes

You mean nerfing Winston and D.Va? The heroes that power dive?

Also somewhat unrelated: It’s pretty ridiculous imo that people whined for months on end about deflect’s hitbox but I’ve never once seen someone complain about the fact D.Va’s matrix covers her boosters and side of her mech, despite the graphic not indicating this.

That’s what I meant!
And I’m not saying he is unbeatable. I’m just saying that blizzard should’ve just nerfed him instead of giving us a Demon called Brigitte

Not Winston because he is already fine, but D.va! Yes I do think she should’ve be nerfed.

Genji nerf threads are always the best because the people defending Genji always come up with the most ludicrous things.

Genji “easy to counter”??? His ENTIRE VALUE is mostly based on how uncounterable he and his ult is. There is NO OTHER HERO in the game that can compete with how little anything counters him.

Oh lord let’s see what more we get in this thread.

2 Likes

He really is easy to counter though.

His only defense is deflect, one of the easiest abilities to track, when it goes up, you have the very least 8 seconds (assuming he instantly cancels it) where said ability is down. Everything he does puts him at risk outside of deflect, which as I just said doesn’t have a high uptime, if you pay attention it’s extremely easy to deny him value.

Oh wow so his weakness is that his invulnerability that can also deal damage isn’t up all the time, lol as I said Genji nerf threads keep delivering.

“Oh wow, Zarya’s weakness is that her invulnerability that also increases her damage isn’t up all the time”

See, I can say stupid things too.

There’s also plenty of ways to punish a Genji through deflect, the most consistent being stunning over, under or around it with McCree, or straight through it with Brigitte.

Genji is pretty balanced. I don’t think he is need of nerfs or buffs atm.

The only thing I would like to see are transformation ultimates (which is Dragonblade) to be cancelable with a stun in the cast time just like projectile ultimates and cast ultimates.
(Just to be clear, only in the cast time. Not during the ultimate itself.)

This alone should add more counterplay to Dragonblade without nerfing its damage. (And besides, Genji has dash and a free dash reset when he ults, so it’s not like he will aways be stunned.)

Too many counters. He used to be very annoying around diamond and up, but moira and even garbage brig can destroy him. Winston/dva as well if they peel

Well let me stop you there… “Triple Jump” and “Ledge Jumps” were actually bugs and werent intended to be in the game… So while yes the Genji players see that as a nerf. It was never meant to be there in tje 1st place .

The only real nerf he has had was to dragonblade… And even then he still needs more. The only thing i want to see nerfed is the dash reset on kill… Make it so he has to do at least 50% if not 80% of the damage for the reset it. For all the people who say it will stop his dive… Damn right it will. But you will still have deflect, you will still have your double jump and wall climb. You still will be able to escape, you will just need to learn how to position better instead of just going in balls deep and then getting a free get out card.

I propose this. Lets give tracer blink resets on kill… Same as Genji has. I can damn well gaurentee that people would complain. And IMO Genji is in a lot better position because he can move in the 3rd dimension where as tracer is 2D.

1 Like

Buddy, so far you’re the only one saying stupid things. Not having an amazing defence is not a weakness, it’s the default state of things. Painting deflect being on cooldown a weakness of Genji is pure stupid. Try again.

2 Likes

What? Brig can stop him in his tracks with little effort and Sombra deletes him from the game…

“Uncounterable”

Really?
Do you have a source of that? I would love to read it.

Mercy is way more popular hero, but that didn’t stopped them from reworking her and nerfing her repeatedly. Seeing what reactions they got from doing that, can I see why they are afraid to nerf the second most popular hero in the game.

Instead of crying for nerfs on the forums, how bout you actually try getting good at the game. Then maybe you can outplay these unstoppable genjis as you make them out to be instead of just saying it’s OP and calling for nerfs

He’s fine. Nothing about him needs to change. There’s reasonable risk with everything Genji does, and he can be punished for it. Doomfist was pretty much idiot proof.

They reworked Mercy into the most absurdly OP hero the game has ever seen, and they only begrudgingly nerfed her because it was always apparent how broken she was.

Genji is only slightly broken - enough that he’s consistently a top 3 dps - but not so much that he’s a must pick like Mercy used to be.

3 Likes

False.

Bug fixes are labeled as such on the patch notes.

The patch note for the removal of Triple Jump is

"Double jump no longer resets when wall climbing. Fixed an issue preventing Genji from reliably climbing a specific crate on Watchpoint: Gibraltar."