Why can't genji be nerfed?

he should. He extremely broken in deathmatch along with mcree and tracer. All 3 of them needs a nerf bat.

First of all he got nerf in s1 and it was a huge nerf for him second thing he didnā€™t got any buff during 3 years only got fixes for his bugs third thing heā€™s balanced so why the nerf \ buff \ rework him if he balanced ??? so if you canā€™t learn how to counter him just quit the game already

Donā€™t bring doom into this, two completely dif characters. Doom didnā€™t deserve all the nerfs but needed a few.

Because despite what you think, Genji is balanced

What makes you think Brigitte was meant for Genji?

Her bash doesnā€™t aim upwards.
Her whipshot is only really useful against large targets.
She canā€™t one-shot combo Genji.
Genji isnā€™t affected by armor that much.

Sheā€™s still a great counter against Genji, but itā€™s clear that she was suppose to counter Tracer and the dive tanks (ie. the cause of dive) rather than Genji.

All three of these things are bufgixes. Deflect was going through walls/around corners/extremely big and buggy. Edge boost was a bug. Animation cancels were a bug (Even though he can still do quite a bit of them to get insta-kill combos).

And itā€™s still the best DPS ult in the game, by a large margin.

And he still has double jump and wallclimb. Be grateful. Geoff even said they regret even giving him double jump and wish they could remove it, but donā€™t want to anger Genji players. Be :clap: grateful :clap:

I donā€™t think Genji needs any nerfs. But acting like heā€™s received a lot in the past is just ludicrous.

2 Likes

Three reasons.

1. Heā€™s the unofficial secondary Mascot of OW and one of the original line-up, grants special status.

2. Heā€™s the fan favorite of 8-14 year olds worldover and any changes threatens that fanbase. One can only imagine the hue and cry of that contingent if he got any significant changes.

3. Heā€™s given the ā€œskill character passā€ - basically, if a character is a skill character status, he or she can have excesses in their kit and the easy response to shut down criticism is ā€œwell git gudā€ā€¦ so its hard to have any meaningful dialog.

1 Like

because Genji doesnā€™t really need any nerfs. heā€™s not exactly viable right now on high level ladder

Except for the fact that his ult is far superior to any other dps ultā€¦

He was changed back in 2016 or 2017. His ult was shortened from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.

It was 2016. Two years ago, almost three. He hasnā€™t been touched since, and has still remained at the top spot for yearsā€¦

His ult is also the best in the game by a significant margin. He has higher average kills per game than any other hero.

What is with the bias on these forums?
This gets 27 upvotes?
Genji is phenomenally easy to counter.

Why canā€™t Tracer be nerfed?

• She has no hardcounters, at the ranks where she is played. Even Platinum Tracers have attested that they could very easily kill a Platinum Brigitte, due to their ability to outrange them.
  • Pretty sure Torb and Winston were said to meant to be anti-flanker, and yet neither can do much against Tracer in the ranks where she is played.*
  • 3 or less (might be 2) characters in this entire game have their bodies massively lean to one side when they are strafing. Tracer is one of them.
  • Her falloff starts at 11m.
  • Her minimum damage in ONE second is slightly over 200DPS with all bodyshots.
  • Her maximum damage in ONE second is slightly over 400DPS with all headshots.
  • Her average damage is between the two, as her spread allows her to accidentally get headshots, all the time.*
  • She has one of, if not THE smallest hitbox in the game (besides baby d.va)
  • Her ultimate does a burst of 300 damage (during a 6v6 situation, easy to stick, as long as sheā€™s not up against a highly mobile comp).
  • She has the single best sustained mobility in the game, as well as each ā€œcastā€ being instant.
  • She has a get-out-of-jail-free card, Recall, which (even if you use it at 50 health or so, which is far from optimal, it still) regenerates all of her missing health instantly that she lost in 3 seconds (very easy to keep track of, or just recall when hit with burst damage)- as well as regenerating all her ammo.

ā€œBut Tracer has a bad winrate in ranks below Diamondā€ This is true. But apart from that, thereā€™s not really any defense for why she hasnā€™t been nerfed except for Pulse Bomb damage. (Not talking about beta/alpha).

*(Both of these statistics imply Tracer hits 100% of her shots, which is only the case against Doomfist or bigger sized targets- but imagine being a Tank in this case, thereā€™s nothing to stop her).
*When it is said ā€œwhere she is playedā€ this refers to her having a winrate of 50% or higher. Not 51% or higher. 50% or higher, specifically.

Ill be honest, I just want swift strikes hitbox to be nerfed.

Itā€™s not exactly skillful if genji can aim completely to the side of me, and still hit me with swift stroke.

Thatā€™s not the only measure of a characters design.

1 Like

This doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a bug fix.

It was a hitbox size reduction. Bug fixes and likewise are referred to as such on the patch notes.

Cool, my overall point still stands.

Same ole handful of people whining about him. Games been out 2 years, if you havenā€™t figured out his weaknesses by now I dont know what to tell you. :roll_eyes:

Heā€™s fine and has been fine.

I donā€™t think you see the irony of this statement.

Ashe, Hanzo, and Junkrat all disagree.

Soldiers is also similar but at a range. ā€œB-but genji can hit me through a shield!ā€ Yes, a shield heā€™d have to be right in front of, because the range is melee.

I dont think genji not that imba