Why can’t we have console items on PC?

What do you think “Linking accounts” actually does?

Just because an account is linked doesn’t mean it magically has access to all the data. The information has to be updated on every platform and records kept on every platform to show that user has access to that ingame item.

Each console company keeps track of every sale on their side. They also need to keep track of item unlocks on their side. Otherwise they would not be able to offer console exclusive item unlocks.

The reason for this is to prevent disparity when one system is not working when dealing with authentication.

More importantly to maintain exclusivity and give console companies authoritative control of content on their platform.

The more control and benefit a console company has the more bargaining power a developer can leverage. If Blizzard was a central authority of all sales and had sales directly through their own system, they would lose out on access certain features consoles provide.

It is not as simple as “Hey its linked! - Magic!” As many people deem it to be.

https://i.imgur.com/kVFxKFq.jpg

1 Like

You factually can. Blizzard simply has always refused to allow it. Cross-saving and the like has been done for many other games, even with Sony’s attitude against cross-anything for the past few years. If anyone responds telling you they CAN’T do it they are wrong. Blizzard can but won’t and the reason most likely just comes down to money.

You are simply wrong. The fact of the matter is that being able to link account via a third party LIKE Blizzard does mean your data is accessible regardless of where you log on. Blizzard has already displayed they can give you access to stuff on one platform for things you have done on another. Genji and Dva say hello.

I know people just love to hate Epic games, but to use them for an example, they have easily and constantly had cross-play and cross-saving between consoles and PC for multiple games. Paragon had both, Fortnite has always had cross-saves which was why I so happily kept playing when I finally moved from PS4 to PC because I never lost my countless hours worth of stuff and exclusive event rewards.

There is no acceptable excuse against having cross-saves for Blizzard’s games.

That is not about a purchase transaction, but giving a free item.
Which is why people who don’t understand the difference easily confuse two things.

It would be no different than a person saying,

“Oh my god you are wrong if you put fire under an object it will fly. Look at any rocketship.”

Some one who is aware will know it is not the fire which is causing the rocketship to fly, but the pressure created which is being pushed out. Since the same effect can be done with water or air, and it is the pressure which matters.

While those unaware will see things superficially and unable to understand the complicated mechanics.

You know nothing of what you said disputes my point that Blizzard does indeed have a third party account system set up that lets them sync up data as they please. Again, Genji and Dva say hi. Before they made them part of normal loot box drops, you did have to play a different game on a different system to earn them. You know how that was done? Through specific Blizzard accounts, because they can connect them and see what should be available for who on any platform.

They can allow you to have all your unlocks, levels, and more if they wanted. But by not giving it to players they have to buy the game again for other platforms, regrind for normal unlocks, forever lose some limited ones, or try to grind more during events or shell out money still mainly for chances at things they already had. It’s all about money.

1 Like

That’s…not how it works. At all.