Why can hanzo 1 shot?

“Too many snipers” often displayed in nearly ever qp game until somewhat recently, but less recently than the last hanzo change.

2 Likes

1 shots make the game boring to play, but Hanzo/Widow’s play style really needs the damage to be effective. Although I do agree that the maximum damage dealt should be 200 at max charge for both snipers.

2 Likes

Yeah - a bullet is just a projectile. The kind of (drug filled) projectile it fires doesn’t change the functionality or usage of the gun.

Hanzo is a sniper because he has a weapon that is considered by most a “sniper”, He can OHK squishy enemies to the head(like widow WHO IS A SNIPER), and in the game when your team all go hanzo in no limits, it says"TOO MANY SNIPERS" on the right, above the character selection bar.

I would say, okay, fine, if you fully charge two arrows, you deserve the kill for body shots. So 100 damage per fully charged arrow. He shouldn’t be able to get away with partial charges when he is as versatile as he is atm. If he has to fully charge to kill a 200HP with a headshot, fine. Not a partial one, at least.

http://static3.uk.businessinsider.com/image/578f7e89dd08957d7e8b4a2e/how-to-master-ana-the-newest-character-in-overwatch.jpg

Uhm… Neither is Hanzo?

12 Likes

He is not lmao. Hanzo gets destroyed by Widow.
Unless that Widow is trash, projectiles with drop never beat hitscan.

Hanzo and Widow exist to allow players that are DRASTICALLY better than you mechanically, to ascend out of idiot land. every other hero requires some form of follow up damage. Snipers do not. And if you have the aim, there’s no reason to play anything else, every other hero has a much higher TTK, which allows more opportunities to heal (giving enemy supports more ult charge). Snipers remove the threat quickly, you can’t heal dead. You can resurrect dead, but then that’s a free frag on the mercy - and that’s a won team fight.

If you can’t be bothered to learn how to properly gain the skill set of an entry fragger (this is literally something every player, in any role, in every FPS should at least be familiar with), then you better know how to at least “quick” (the name is actually jig*le peek, but the word isn’t allowed) and pie/check corners, or you’re going to have a bad time when the Hanzo/Widow can reliably head-shot in diamond and above ELO.

I’m sure all of the old school fraggers lurking here are as baffled by the complete lack of initiative when it comes to learning fundamental concepts from the younger players wandering into our turf as I am. We learned this the hard way by getting shot in the head 10,000 times walking into a door like a bot just like you are doing now, we tried everything that didn’t work, and we found sound tactics that do work (because these tactics are used in the real world to keep special forces operators from becoming bullet sponges when they enter and clear rooms). All you literally have to do is watch a couple five minute youtube videos from someone like warowl, or any CS:GO pro tip video on positioning and game sense, and apply it to overwatch, and then every FPS you choose to play in the future.

You need to understand that you don’t need to be able to aim well to hold angles on a corner. You place your crosshair just slightly off the corner at head height, and you wait for the tripwire shot. It’s that simple. Bad Hanzos will spam arrows down chokes non-stop foolishly giving away their position. use your senses, listen for the arrows before you haphazardly walk into your death and subsequently blame your DPS for your own mistake, because in your mind “they’re not doing anything” while they’re probably secretly laughing at your amateur blunder.

This millennial entitlement that you can just waltz in and upend whatever the hell you please with enough tears, simply because you don’t like it, isn’t conducive to how the real world works. And you’re going to learn that the hard way in life.

I just spent five minutes of my valuable time trying to help you become better when dealing with Hanzo and Widow players. How much time will you spend to absorb that knowledge, and go seek more clarity in an easily digestible format?

Stop being lazy entitled children, adapt and overcome, or get rekt.

14 Likes

aka spam down corridors, I do and I get lucky headshots.

Games used to have lives and continues. Now they (mostly) don’t. Bad signalling and easy one-shot headshots should be a thing of the past.

We’ve come a long way in the 36 years I’ve been a gamer.

3 Likes

Wow, I just read a bunch of your posts. You just don’t understand this game.

This game isn’t a pure FPS. IT IS NOT CS:GO.

You say, “This millennial entitlement that you can just waltz in and upend whatever the hell you please with enough tears, simply because you don’t like it, isn’t conducive to how the real world works.”:

1. This isn’t “the real world”. It’s a video game.
  2. In your posts you complain about the “braindead no skill no aim” heroes. How is your entitlement any different from theirs???

Again, this isn’t CS:GO. It isn’t a pure FPS. It doesn’t need to follow your silly old-school notion that every FPS has to be the same. Oh, and before you call me a millennial and act like that’s some end-all arguement, I’m way too old, so don’t even try.

All you do is complain about how this game doesn’t focus on aim only. All of your posts do nothing but insult anyone that dare doesn’t treat this game like an old-school arena shooter. It’s pathetic and childish.

7 Likes

also the game actually does classify her as a sniper.
and also hanzo.
there is a “too many snipers” message in hero selection screen.

2 Likes

Why is Hanzo getting complained about when he is not even that good atm?

Statistically there are several other dps above him and even then, not a single dps hero is meta at the moment because tanks are just better.

1 Like

Some guy got headshotted in a game and made a thread about it.

1 Like

Because, how can anyone show superior skill with headshots without spamming arrows without punishment?

2 Likes

Genji brings up that message too.

And herein lies the problem. Storm Arrow was the worst possible solution to scattershot.

5 Likes

Ashe is not a real sniper and Ana is a healer

1 Like

Let me correct you.

Spamzo, shockingly, spammed arrows for a kill and someone made a post about it. Far more believable than the “skill” myth being perpetrated around here.

1 Like