Why brig should be vaulted

Only if we also vault Tracer

10 Likes

Why don’t we vault your main instead for let’s say a year as a punishment for posting such a ridiculous topic?

8 Likes

Streamer fanboy rechews very old meat, film at 11.

5 Likes

Let’s vault you from the game as punishment for replying to such a rediculous topic.

:joy: She’s already basically vaulted for 95% of playerbase, considering how abysmal her pickrate is, with:

6th out of 7th place for pickrate in Diamond
Last place pickrate in Plat
Last place pickrate in Gold
Last place pickrate in Silver
Last place pickrate in Bronze

(based on stats for last 6 months competitive)
So vaulting is basically saying “we wanna hero ban her in GM lul”

14 Likes

I thought comp was the single most played game mode in most regions.

Reply 50

if this is true, brig shouldnt be the character that’s vaulted seeing as 97% of the entire competitive playerbase would never be in a game where brig is used properly and is problematic. There are many other heroes that are problematic for the more general playerbase (bastion, doomfist, symmetra, hog, pharah, mcree). Vaulting a character that (1) has alow playrate and (2) is essentially useless until you get to the absolute peak levels of play is not really a good idea and i would argue there are much more deserving heroes of this vaulting experiment than brigette

Just my thoughts, interested to hear your opinions

2 Likes

Ok so this is basically the only reasonable reply I’ve seen so far so I’ll leave a like. Even though brig is only good at let’s say masters+(High tier play)that is what the general player base is interested in watching. This is the case because no streamer streams quick play or arcade/customs as their main subject from what I’ve seen and no content creator plays quick play without cringe edits.

Also the fact that they kinda made the game more competitive based when they hyped up owl and all that that flunked mainly because of the meta this hero brought.

I do not know the exact statistics but how many players left when the 6-8 hero’s that made up a goats comp dominated every other hero for as long as it did? Probably not even comparable to other problematic hero’s like doomfist or hog or Cassidy.

With all of these players/streamers/content creators that left all those years back mainly because of the meta this hero brought which means way less people watch overwatch which means there are less people interested in overwatch which means no new players will start playing because nobody talks about it. So in other words a fat chunk of veteran players left while the game can’t make up for it with new players(kind of like Fortnite but Fortnite constantly gets new players in the form of 9 year olds).

With brig gone even for a week there might be a slight chance that mabye old streamers start playing a little, mabye current streamers actually enjoy the game, who knows? We all saw how people reacted last October when the game was good but then when they gave brig a buff she was back to being on top again.

If they were to vault doomfist(my main)in return for vaulting brig for however long they decide to do it id honestly be for it.

The very best option is undoubtedly for them to drop ow2 and make it bang but I think it’s time to consider other drastic changes on ow1 due to the fact that ow2 won’t drop for a while now

Exactly this. Even in GM, the only place where she’s allegedly an issue, her pickrate and winrate are middle of the pack at best. She’s a niche pick to enable/counter dive for 1% of the playerbase and kind of bad for everyone else.

“Vaulting” Brig just because a very loud group of GM’s hate playing against her is ridiculous. She’s the least picked support in the game already. Just rework her to make her more engaging.

7 Likes

Competitive has overall more playtime, but QP has the larger player base.

She’s literally one of the least picked supports. You already know how the game is without her.

1 Like

bc Samito said that , lol.

3 Likes

Well it’s quite simple to predict the outcome of vaulting brig imo.
Anyone she works well with is weaker and anyone she counters is stronger.

Zen for example, is now weaker because his best co-support synergy in Dive is gone.
But Winston is stronger because his biggest support counter is gone.

Likelihood is we end up with a dive meta since Brig keeps it in check the most out of any support can.
And other antidive options like Mercy and Lucios mobility, or Moira’s survivability simply don’t compare to brig’s ability to keep an Ana alive in double bubble.

1 Like

This is a very true point.

Alot did, even if it wasnt alot, anything that makes a significant amount of the playerbase leave is problematic. However something that alot of people don’t realise, is that the Mercy reworks and the addition of Doomfist caused a far more intense player drop off than goats. Again, mainly because goats is something that did not affect the majority of the playerbase.

My issue with vaulting is that certain characters keep other ones in check. For example, if we vaulted hitscans, pharah would just run rampant. If we vaulted brig, then assassins and flankers and monkey would just endlessly flank with no obstructions. (doom kinda sucks so vaulting him would do nothing LMAO), but i think you get my point.

Also mains of X hero would feel hard done by with their main being removed in favour of balancing the game for like 1,000 people.

2 Likes

Most of the playerbase doesn’t even play in a rank that goats was used at. People just assume that everyone is watching GM streams.

Obviously the mercy rework was worse because every player had to suffer through that while only people who watched OWL & GM stream even knew that it existed in the first place.

1 Like

Why do you hate me :sob:

1 Like

Brig vaulted?! NEVER!!! Im not letting your doom or other dive heroes becomes meta for being uncounterable and leaving supports as free food, also if she was vaulted, then as you main doom, you want hog or even any other doom counter vaulted just to make him uncounterable?! heres my answer to your sensible opinion that im not even trying to make you suffer much, the answer is: NO!

Bruh what lmao where did I say to vault hog or any other doom counters my opinion is purely that brig is unhealthy for the integrity of the game as a whole that’s all.

I also said that I’m fine with vaulting doom if it means to vault brig just to see what happens when characters that are largely unhealthy for the game aren’t available to play for a week or 2.

Someone’s been listening to Samito a little too much.

2 Likes

I do get ur point but there have been a multitude of other hero’s that have been implemented and changed to counter dive hero’s after brigs release. Also nobody’s saying these dive characters shouldn’t be nerfed if brig is vaulted in fact I think that they should’ve just nerfed dive in the first place all those years ago instead of rushing to make a hero that counters it entirely on her own.

It’s pretty much for the greater good, I do not want doomfist to be reworked into a whole new hero because I enjoy playing him as of now but I do understand that he would completely and utterly drive away new players and veteran players in ow2. The game shouldn’t be revolves around one tricks such as ourselves lol

The fact of the matter is even if you do not think doomfist or brig or sigma etc are good picks their kits are still goofy and toxic as ever because their abilities have not been reworked, just nerfed or buffed in some way.

1 Like