Why Blizzard give us league tokens?

As I see Blizzard is still about the money. This year then the overwatch league started we still don’t get no league tokens that were given last year. Why? Because Blizzard wants to more money. They don’t care about players. All they think is how to get more money into their pockets.

1 Like

Last time I checked, Blizzard is a non-profit company :thinking:

2 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe money used for OWL tokens go to the individual OWL teams. I don’t believe Blizzard or Activision see those funds, and if they do it’s very little…

2 Likes

A business doing things to make money :o call the news! Stop the presses!

If you didn’t get no league tokens- how many did you get?

And seriously. You get the tokens for free just by watching the game.

Go watch it.

1 Like

A cut of it goes to the teams, yep, although, Blizzard also gets a share. Can’t remember the ratio on the top of my head…

Correct.

Incorrect. The players (well, viewers as well) are they’re source of money. If they care about money they need to care about spectators and players.

Everyone, Blizzard is aware of us being shorted tokens last night. I am tracking more details in this thread:

1 Like

That’s business for you. Sucks to be in one and to be outside of one, unless you’re the CEO getting paid $4000+ a day.

They have these tokens so they can inflate the viewer numbers on the stream.

1 Like

Last year was also the inaugural season. Restaurants And businesses dont have grand openings every year either.

What’s your point?