Why australian Xbox severs so bad!?!?!

Okay so I play on Xbox and Overwatches servers are actually the worst game servers there is. First of all, No it is not my internet that’s the issue or Xbox’s fault because I play many other online games, both on and off Xbox Live servers, and don’t have any issues. But overwatch’s are just disgusting and I’m more than certain that it goes down to payment, how much Blizzard is paying for the servers.

Skirmish is always 245-300 ping for me but it goes straight to 20-40 ping when I get in an actual game. So it seems pretty clear that the skirmish servers are probably on a cheaper network and thus payment is most likely a factor.

Now there’s NOTHING wrong with 20-40 ping but it always spikes to about 7-800. Often, in competitive it climbs to 4000, from a consistent 20. So then I lose connection to the servers and get extremely punished for it.

This has been happening increasingly often over the last 12 months and I’m sick. of it. Everything about the game is becoming so anti-consumer and anti-player and it hurts man. I don’t wanna see this game die.

DISCLAIMER
I don’t really know what im talking about :laughing: and this thread was made for someone who does to explain this crap to me cause im annoyed af

It is not the servers, but you are trying to connect to what would be the singapore server set. There is an active issue where undersea cables have been cut and affecting a large portion of the Pacific/Oceanic region including Austrailia. See this post for more details:

any idea how long ago this issue started?