Why aren't transformation ultimates not cancelable with stuns?

Stuns should stop the transform ult IF done while casting e.g while genji pulls out blade/soldier putting on sights etc
At least that’s what I personally think

It is a little ridiculous any transformation ult can just happen and you have to deal with it, not be able to stop it.

Also, yes, Mercy has a tiny cast time where the beam breaks for a second

There are no advantages. He can’t do anything during the “put away” animation so it’s not like it’s a useful cancel.

2 seconds isn’t a user blunder. It’s a weakness that you would even consider it a blunder for normal use.

Coding limitations or early-decision coding choices.

Transformation ults are literally swapping the in-game character model out for another. I imagine there was likely an issue where models could get stuck in the “Transformed” state when stunned at the right time if they were able to be interrupted.

That or get stuck in their “Normal” state.

It is also why back in the day when Widowmaker used her Ultimate her butt grew in size. Her in-game model was being swapped for “Visor down” version which happened to have an enlarged booty.

I can imagine all sorts of weird issues interrupting model-swapping and de-swapping models could cause.

This is not the case.

The character model is not being swapped during a transformation ultimate. This only happens with Dva (and that’s a cast ultimate). Baby Dva and mech Dva are 2 different character models.

A transformation ultimate only give a buff to a a character. (In Genji’s case a strong melee attack and faster mobility, Mercy’s entire kit get buffed except rez, Torbjorn’s weapon is replaced, Winston healthpool is increased but he lose his weapon, etc.) They have still have acces to most of their abilities.

This was a visual bug. The moment the glasses went down, were the bones of the character being displaced.

I should’ve been more specific.

Models are being swapped out in parts. Genji’s sword on his back is being swapped with an empty one. He is gaining a new item in his hand, the animation data changes, etc.

Widow has the smallest change with just her head being swapped with “Visor Down” mode.

Soldier’s is even simpler, but his firing animations change.

Loading and unloading changes like that could cause problems.