Why aren't transformation ultimates not cancelable with stuns?

Well one reason is that those ults actually require continual special actions from the user that have an actual time limit.

Non-transformation ults are fire and forget and much harder to stop as they generally go off faster.

Don’t forget the intentional bait at low health to get the supports to ult then genji dies and the enemy are sol

Killing him at any point during ult stops the ultimate entirely unlike cast time ults which only have a short period of interruption, if you mean whats the trade off of dragonblade in general, thats not the discussion (or, at least not my argument since apparently op made this thread cause dragonblade exists) but that cast time ultimates have their pros and cons and so do transformation ults

You can’t just gain value by Transforming, you then have to use the new form & act upon it within the given time. You have to actually do something beyond pressing Q.
You can just gain value by pressing Q with cast-time or channelled ultimates.

This is the main reason why Transformation ultimates aren’t cancelled by stuns etc.

Some cast-time ults could use fixes however - Blizzard & Pulse Bomb specifically as they can be cancelled after the projectile has been thrown. That isn’t fair personally.

1 Like

You can stop a transformation ult by killing the person.
You can stop a project ult by stunning during the cast animations

This can blamed on latency and favor-the-shooter:
[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag

All cast type ultimates suffer from this.
It’s just more noticeable with Mei because of her long cast time and travel time and with Tracer because you get to see the “stuck” message appear and disappear.

I understand that, but I just find it weird how there is no interaction between a cast animation of a transformation ultimate and a stun. In Genji’s case will he just keep pulling his sword like nothing happened. But I understand why though.

But the reason why I made this thread is because players on the forum wants to nerf dragonblade, and especially nanoblade. I don’t think Genji’s Dragonblade needs a damage reduction or Ana’s ultimate needs a nerf.

I think adding a bit more counterplay would be more than enough. But again, I don’t think both ultimates need a nerf. They just have a great synergy.

There is. You lose time on your while stunned ult and your probably about to die which will cancel the ult

Very true aye, I still feel it’s not exactly fair all round. It doesn’t really favour the shooter if the shooter has shot but the shot doesn’t register xD

And yet are players still complaining about it.

I’m just trying to say that I think this would be the best way to nerf it if, and only if, Blizzard decides to nerf it.

And like I said, it will most likely not affect transformation ultimates much:

Change does absolute nothing so why even bother?

Genji isn’t getting stunned dashing into the air above the team and firing up Dragonblade. He will get stunned when he is on the ground and DB is already on

I just think it would add a little risk to nanoblade, even if it’s harder to stun him in air.

I have said it before, but I don’t think both ultimates need nerfs. I just think this would be best way to nerf it if Blizzard wants to nerf it.

Sure, But projectile ult now cancel on death if we want to be fair

During the cast animation or after the cast animation?
It would be weird to see an already thrown projectile disappear, right?
(Also, what about channeled ultimates?)

Again, I don’t want dragonblade nerfed.
I think it’s fine.

If Blizzard decides to nerf Nanoblade do I want to see it nerfed in a way that doesn’t affect both ultimates much.

At any time just like Tranformation ults.

You die you ult stops just like a transformation ult. We want things to be equal RIGHT?

Again I’m not asking for nerfs here.

Fact is that there are 3 different ultimate types with different rules and different weaknesses. And I have no problems with this. I also have no problem with Genji not losing his ultimate if he’s stunned.

If they decides to nerf Nanoblade (which is the combination of Dragonblade and nanoboost) do I simply want to see it addressed in a way that not makes both ultimates useless.

But again, I don’t want to see their ultimate a nerfed at all.

Because if you want to nerf Genji’s ult for the sake of consistency, then you’ll be nerfing Mercy’s, Winston’s, and even Bastion’s, whose ult takes 2 years to start up, and can be stunned with relative ease.

It’s better to look at other things exclusive to Genji, rather than nerfing a common rule, and punishing 30% of the roster.

transformation ults require further input from the person after they have been cast to get value meaning the window for counter play is much larger (the entire duration of the ult) than a projectile.

Once meis snowball starts it is out there, and all you can do is run.

once tracers pulse bomb has stuck you all you can do is hope for a bubble.

Transformation ults have a start up time, and require input from the user for anything to happen. the value from a projectile ult either is or isn’t their once its thrown out.

So the reason that Projectile ults have that window they can be stopped by a stun is there isn’t much else that can be done to counter play it.

So is this really about transformation ults, or specifically Genjis ult? I don’t mean that to be rude, just curious. I don’t really think transformation ults being stunable makes a terrible amount of sense, only considering that the player becomes the ultimate once cast. And their ult has a set time to go off, just like every other ult.

I understand ults like meis are bizzare to look at when they’re canceled, but maybe they should just change the visual for ults like that then?

And the “stun during animation” argument for transformation ults kind of falls apart when you consider a hero like mercy. Her ult has no cast time. The wings pop out instantly and she’s in valk. When would you interrupt that? If you wanted to be “fair” and make transformation ults canceled by stun, you would either have to accept that mercy has an uncounterable ult, which would be unfair technically speaking, or give her a cast time, which would be a largely unnecessary nerf.

Mostly about Genji ultimate.

I keep seeing players asking for nerfs for it because of Nanoblade, but I don’t think dragonblade and nanoboost needs a nerf.

If Blizzard do wants to nerf it, do I want to see it nerfed in a way that doesn’t affect it much.

And for the sake of consistency do I think it should apply to all transformation ultimates. It would be odd if Genji was the only one imo.

But again, I rather not see nerfs or changes to the rules of transformation ultimates.

Stuns should stop the transform ult IF done while casting e.g while genji pulls out blade/soldier putting on sights etc
At least that’s what I personally think