Why aren't onetricks getting punished?

And I fully explained that difference.

This is what a cooperative player will be like.
Scenario 1: A Mei gets asked to play Soldier to counter a Pharrah. So despite not being able to play Soldier very well that player doesn’t want to cause an argument, he says “Ok I’ll try but I am not that good at Soldier.” so they switch. Despite his lack of experience with the hero he is doing SOME damage to the Pharrah and appropriately switching his focus when people make callouts on low health enemies, but he simply fails to kill the Pharrah effectively. That team does NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT to report that player for doing poorly when they asked him to switch andhe chose to cooperate be a good teammate so people won’t get mad.

This is where a player is just a selfish tart.
Scenario 2: A Pharrah is being hard countered by the enemy and was asked to switch from Pharrah to a Junkrat to break the enemy teams shield. That player says “No. F U” And switches to a Torb just to make people mad. That player then makes bad plays and dies needlessly either on or off point to other enemies and getting absolutely no value from their effort.

That is the differEnce. And these are things you need to OBSERVE before making a judgement on who is BAD!!

Being outplayed is not the same thing. Sometimes it IS possible to do everything right and STILL fail because someone else played slightly better than you in THAT single moment. But the exact OPPOSITE can also be true. You might die because the Rein moved his shield a HALF A CENTIMETER in the wrong direction at the WRONG TIME and the Widow reacts to that momentarily open sight line and pops your Mercy in the face for the kill.

The problem with most people is that they either cannot understand that what they are doing is wrong, or other people do not know that what someone is doing is right and they make assumptions rather than making observations and reaching an informed conclusion.

1 Like

You see this by spectating people and taking note of where they are during a push. I use peripheral vision and hearing to keep track of where our healers are and DPS in case I need to peel as well as the enemy player locations even when my visual focus is somewhere else.

I can hear flankers and the directions they are coming from a lot of the time because I have very keen ears and a good set of surround sound headphones.

It took me a long time to learn how the other heros worked. Thats how I know what someone is doing may be incorrect because I ave watched guides, tutorials and videos about heros I hadn’t learned about yet. I have a general understanding of what certain heros should do and what certain heros should not do.

And had that player stayed on Mei the may have actually won since a good Mei can easily take out a Pharah.

Obviously that’s reportable.
Unless the player is actually trying and just sucks with torb.

If a Pharahs getting countered why the hell would you want them to go Junkrat? Do to the nature of their kits they both share almost all the same counters.

1 Like

This may be the case.
However you’re midgold. Don’t expect people to know what their doing even if they are on their main.

More assumptions.

You clearly did not comprehend the scenario dude. Read it again. If a Pharrah is being hard countered by a McCree, Ashe or Soldier, Junkrat is usually a better option depnding on the enemy team composition.

ANNNDDD There is the rank shaming. Goodbye. Have fun arguing with yourself bub.

I want to say that Pharah aint hard countered by picking one of the hitscans. And if enemy picks two or even more hitscans to deal with pharah it means pharah is getting her value and maybe the team with pharah wants to exlpoid the fact that enemys have hard time dealing with pharah.

2 Likes

This happens to me all the time .i play hammond and end up getting 3-4 golds almost every game .I got abused by a toxic 4 man team yesterday even though it was clear i was carrying the game .Gold players are terrible to be honest and always blame the off meta picks for thier own lack of skill and horrible gameplay .

1 Like

I like how any mention of rank immediately equals rank shaming even when it’s not the intent.

1 Like

I always think it’s funny when these posts come up. Everyone complains when someone one tricks a hero they dont see as meta, but no one says a word when someone one tricks something like a Rein or Ana.

4 Likes

I mean the wording so people stop false reporting.

You’re right there is no way to tell. what if there was another person letting themselves get headshot and purposely advancing in a predictable way? No way to tell either.

I don’t think Blizz bans on these things or should but idk if false reports ever gain traction.

Or, tbh, they are so awesome they prove the metaheads wrong.

It happens, every now and then. I’m not sure why people would want to put up with all the screaming and crying on mic if they’re, say, ace with Torbjorn. But those people are my heroes.

Just saying as a player that’s played from Bronze to High Gold over the years…Torbjorn suck so much now, Blizzard, nobody even uses him in Bronze, without purposely or accidentally throwing. GG.

1 Like

Also, your opinion also is not even making fun of the person being in that rank. Just talking about the exact category itself. Simply amazing. Was gold back until Season 5 people thought they were instant and insane GM players or play the game the right way. I glad to see the category hasn’t changed much at all.

2 Likes

They don’t have to they can play whatever they want. No ones forcing them to do anything.

1 Like

I climbed from 1400 to 2500 this season one tricking torb with 30 hours at 65% winrate.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forums. I didn’t even need to look at your post count because if you had ever read the forums you would know that this has been posted and refuted hundreds of times.

Why aren’t one-tricks punished? Here’s why:

• Doing your personal best in a game isn’t throwing
  • Playing a hero you are good at is sometimes the best course of action even if the team needs something else
  • If you are not a one-trick then it is your job to pick the meta compliment hero.
  • Why aren’t they punished? If they lose, they are punished… for losing. Just like you might be punished if you pick the wrong hero, or play poorly, or can’t avoid being countered.

It’s a team game and therefor, team punishment. Either accept it or only play in 6-stacks of your choosing.

4 Likes

You get both my congratulations, and my empathy…
…for being alone.

Cool story bro…and that is all it is…with many holes.

if I onetrick Ana would you want me punished?
if I onetrick Reinhardt, is that a punishable offense?

If no to both, you don’t have a problem with onetricks! You have a problem with off meta/people playing a hero to learn them!

4 Likes