Why are you not in VC in comp?

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes they are

1 Like

Because I don’t feel like it. The end.

2 Likes

There are precisely two reasons I might not be in voice chat in a given match:

1. I left because someone or the general conversation was annoying me.

2. I left during the previous match and forgot to join at the beginning of this one because I’m so used to it auto-joining.

There are many other reasons people might not join. Assuming they’re cowards avoiding confrontation is a bit too broad a generalisation.

Besides, for most of the ladder comms don’t help much if at all. Someone kept records about if people were in voice chat and what the match outcomes were. At their rank (plat IIRC) it made zero difference over ~100 matches. The thread is on this forum so you can probably find it.

I am tired of begging people to play their roles correctly and use compositions that don’t reject basic sense :hear_no_evil:

I prefer to focus on the game and not deal with people tilting. I perform better with it off

As I posted earlier…

It needs to change.

I think this depends on the tier you are at. I have had some very good games with good players, and yesterday evening I don’t know what was in the water, but for every good game there were two that were toxic. I literally had a match constantly healing two tanks and a support who were wild then complaining and literally saying “I haz no healz” then I turn the healing card up with Bap… the real problem we had was the Zen player was focusing on doing DPS then literally lying saying he had gold heals… those are not fun games to be in.

All you’re doing is showing your team you have no interest in working with them despite this being a team-based game.

What you’re doing is tantamount to throwing.

1 Like

There’s no I in team.

Because i dont want to hear little 19 year old boys say garbage and trash all match

Then mute them.

But don’t disadvantage the rest of your team by refusing to join team chat.

I have had win rates as high as 70 percent and I always climb every season but okay.

2 Likes

Somebody was playing the smurf song and farted into the mic while going damage mercy

It’s always funny to me when you have someone that routinely experiences a detrimental aspect to a hobby they like, express why they essentially cut out that aspect of said hobby. Valid, truthful to their own experience in every way, reasons for gutting it.

Then like an aggressive dog that refuses to give up a bone, you’ve people that say 'You should leave that detrimental aspect in your hobby. Why?! Why?! BECAUSE I SAID SO!’ Over, and over, and over.

That same person, for the next X number of posts, says the same basic thing. Repeatedly. Failing to grasp that their efforts to drag people to their point are not going to magically rally those against that same point.

It gives me happiness every day I see it.

Comixfan? Let it go. You’ve a plethora of reasons why certain players refuse to join VC. Everything from ‘I’ve seasons worth of gametime, weeks of gametime, where hundreds of games on end, my teammates do not listen.’ to ‘All I hear is babyrage.’ to ‘I need people to spew venom at me in my hobby?’.

You won’t win people to your cause, when they’ve their reasons for doing the opposite. Regardless of how strongly you feel on the subject.

4 Likes

Its still bad play my friend. You might play well enough to overcome it, but you would be higher faster if you were in comms over time.

I am in the voice chat till I hear some > 15 year old or someone annoying at that time I just leave the voice chat and if they are ultra annoying I just hide the chat as well and play game.

1 Like

I have only had one game where I tilted enough to just outright leave voice comms so far. OTOH, I have quickly muted idiots in game.

I am not tilted just trying to prevent annoyance… Problem with idiots is that someone will get tilted because of these idiots and that lead quickly to arguing and I don’t play the game to see two idiots argue I much rather just leave all means of communication and try to salvage as much fun as I can from basically already lost match.

There’s no I in team.

All you’re doing is proving how selfish you are.

1 Like

This is just false, as refuted by ioStux, a coach with plenty of credibility.

He says, and I’ve found it to be true), you will climb faster without comms until you reach a high level.

It’s not bad play. It’s a better way to focus and get your job done at levels where coordination is light and people don’t use comms well.

1 Like