Why are you nerfing reaper

That is true indeed.

Moira.

No, I’m serious. Moira’s fade and Reaper’s wraith form work the same except Moira gets a brief speed boost. If they’re removing cleansing and escapes from grav moves on Moira then they gotta make it consistent on both i guess.

When 1 person says something nonsense, don’t just reply with “what he said”. It is silly to think that these are that closely related in code. Even if they share some of their code, each instance of it would have it’s own behavioural properties (evidence - Moira is invisible and Reaper isn’t).

They have live and experimental running together with different behaviours - it’s unlikely to be different code but rather different behaviours they have added that can be enabled and disabled in the server configuration and that would be on a per character basis. I’ve been programming for over 30 years and doing it the way suggested that they could not be separated would be very poor coding.

i got 2 questions about this.

1. can you still use wraith when you get hit by them?
  2. do you take damage from flux slam if you’re in wraithform?

you can still use it.

You wont take damage

You just cant escape it

i mean does it matter?
if they get a big grav off, your entire team is gonna die most likely so you might aswell die with them i suppose, and if you get solo-grav’d you can avoid getting killed in it.

i don’t think it would change much for reaper in that case anyways if it is as you say.

Reaper has literally done nothing wrong.

Used to main reaper then switched to Hog and rein, seeing this happen kinda makes me want to play reaper again, to defend him… lol.

Seriously though, trash this experiment

This is either insanely obscure sarcasm, or im eating my own hat.

think of it as an opportunity for them to actually buff reaper in the future instead.

Lmao they are nerfing reaper???

2 Likes

Knowing Blizz, he will return with rockets attached to his shotguns…

Wait-

hehe, maybe, or they can actually reduce his shotgun spread a bit.

2 Likes

Bastion: “First time?”

Because Moira got the same nerf. It wouldn’t be consistent if Moira’s wraith mode couldn’t escape grav but Reaper’s could

Who want’s to bet it’s spaghetti code at action here and the only reason this change is happening to reaper is due to moira not being able to fade out of grav. Maybe they use the same code for some hilarious reason?

That or they are just trying to be consistent with what ‘fade’ style abilities can do. So if another future hero also can idk, turn into mist or something they would also be unable to leave grav.

Reaper has literally one sustain ability… which has existed for longer than Moira herself…

Moira has extra sustain, plus heals, plus a good ult, plus respectable range…

1 Like

They wanted the movement abilities that let you in and out of things such as grav to be consistent

Glad someone is actually talking about this. People say “it’s for consistency” but they need to look at the context too. Moira and Reaper are very different heroes and their wraith now does two different things. I don’t think Reaper is in an awful spot (this new meta is a bit hard on him though imo) but the last thing he needs is a nerf. Hopefully the devs have second thoughts about it.

1 Like

mom i want big reaper

we have reaper at home

reaper at home

Why play reaper when you can play the better version?

Pretty sure they touched on this in the AMA and the short answer was that this interaction, despite not being a movement ability, was actually fairly arbitrary. since they were considering changing it for fade, and since wraith form and fade are so similar, they would make it consistent by disabling it for both.

I would suspect that if they pushed this change through that Reaper would (at least soon/eventually) get a corresponding buff to account for it. I think they’re more concerned with getting data/feedback on Moira right now, though.