Why are They Waiting to Nerf Sonourn?

I assume there is a reason for waiting to nerf her, though I doubt it’s very good. Her movement speed is fast, and her hit box is small. Let’s not forget the accidental instakill she has. I swear, ever kill cam I see of her secondary fire is an accident.

I can think of no less than three nerfs that would create a way more balanced hero.

Slow her movement speed
Increase the size of her hit box
Lower her clip from 45 to 40.

How long do we have to suffer?

They are either toning or trying to collect more data.

So in short, they don’t know what to nerf. Also no offence, but your suggested nerfs have some issues as well:

I am assuming you are referring to Power Slide, because her base movement speed is the same as all other DPS.

This is artificial balancing, stretching parts of her hitbox that really should not be there would be unfair. As you are presenting misinformation of the hero to make them less powerful. Which is an unhealthy balance philosophy.

Also you can accomplish the same task by decreasing her health.

This would not really change much as ammo is not her.

Looks like to me you are trying to make her easier to target instead of lowering her power. However Sojourn is not like Genji who is meant to be difficult to hit. She instead has too much offensive power, on par with Widow and Hanzo but has none of their drawbacks.

1 Like

They said why…

They think she underperforms as is in lower ranks….they dont want to just make her worse…

3 Likes

Please, when have they ever care about the lower ranks?

A larger clip size decreases the accuracy necessary to charge her secondary. By lowering the clip size, she can’t just spam her primary. She actually has to shoot to hit something.

Making her slightly easier to hit would be less of a nerf than lowering her HP.

That’s fine, but leaving her as is for as long as they have is infuriating. Yet they do something incredibly dumb like nerf Junkrat.

1 Like

She has been designed in a way that any actual nerf to her will completely ruin the point of the character.

They will do some stupid nerf like damage falloff… It won’t help anything. She has insane mobility, she can close distance easy.

several times…bastion and reaper come to mind…

they DO LOOK at lower ranks…they just focus on upper rank balance though (which is correct way of doing things)

They will likely just give her railgun a fall off damage so that she can’t 1-shot players from across the map.

Depending on when these two heroes were looked at, they were probably already trash tiers in the high ranks, so adjusting them for low ranks didn’t mean anything.

Bastion had a day in the sun in the high ranks for a very short time. I remember watching the Outlaws play Bastion on Hanamura, and the most perfect nade in the history of OW happened. Reaper was always pretty heavily counted by Widow, but he was played toward the end of OW 1 in the OWL.

I mean it’s fine if they nerf her to have falloff damage but wouldn’t kinda be silly to have a short range rail gun lore wise :grin:

They don’t care… plain and simple.

2 Likes

…except when it comes to Sojourn who is absolutely dominating there, that is.

I would be a lot more okay with their balance decisions if their actual logic was ANY sort of consistent.

Because they don’t want to. Sojourn fits their new vision of the game as a fast paced competitive e-sport, which is different from the casual game it released as. This is the same reason why all the reworks from the last couple of years have focused on making heroes more directly lethal and less about status effects and control.

Their vision of the game is not one you play, but one you watch and buy merch for.

i think her railgun ability needs a tonedown (her normal kit not the ult)

From the dev post today it appears that her rail is getting nerfed at range. They also want her closer to the action so are making some adjustment, unknown what, to her slide to compensate. I don’t think we’ll know exactly everything changed until the 6th and maybe slightly afterwards for the non-posted changes.

Edit : From blog post
Both metrics and player feedback have shown Sojourn dominating the highest tiers of Competitive ranks while remaining a challenge for players without the same mechanical skills. To address the high-skill feedback, we’ll be focusing on the lethality of her Rail Gun at distance for Season 2, encouraging players to make use of Sojourn’s high mobility to close the distance for the more devastating right-clicks.

I think it’s when Reaper had 50% lifesteal?. He was busted in low ranks and he was impossible to kill.

Has for Bastion it was when he got ironclad buff?.

An entire seasons of Sojourn. How exciting.

I wish you weren’t right.

I’ve never understood why ever new hero has to come in OP, but that’s how it’s been since launch. Every new hero comes it overtuned, the forums explode with a “WTF” response, and the devs are like, “I guess we can nerf them.”

After all the play testing, why can’t they come in more balanced?

Blizzard finally got their own “Senna” and they are going to profit off of her as much as humanly possible. Look at the newest merch they’re selling and take note of the fact she has taken over Tracer’s spot as poster girl for Overwatch.

Don’t expect Sojourn’s state of balance to ever be anything less than competitively viable.

1 Like

Thats the exact reason why shes getting nerfed blizzard openly said that in the road map post today…

Which is hilarious because at the same time they are indirectly saying. “Only bad players struggle against oneshot mechanics”

Its also hypocritical, as they said “balance needs are determined by the highest level of play”

Hopefully theyre finding a way to rework her slightly

Haha. Nerf her? Oh, you mean the line about reducing her railgun shot at range?

Yeah. No.
That’s going to be a ‘nerf’ on the level of Zarya and Genji. Nothing will change, and she will still dominate and be played in every single match, making the game an absolute godawful snoozefest.
You want to nerf sojourn? Well you can start by taking away her Hyper mobility, Hyper burst and obnoxious CC. That’s a nerf I can get behind.
Ideally, nerf her so hard she literally does not exist.