🏓 Why are people posting about Hong Kong? [Explanation]

Exactly. He could have won, been famous, and then outside of the tournament but still as the champion, make his opinions and what he wants known

9 Likes

You guys really need to check your priorities. The problems in Hong Kong are not new, spamming the forums because Blizzard is enforcing one rule the player broke is not going to change anything.

You’re not going to get Blizzard to support your cause, even if they remove the suspension of the player then what? What are all of you protesting about this going to do about Hong Kong? Stop spamming a videogame forum, you guys are so obnoxious.

34 Likes

Blizzard likes to ban people for talk about politics in voice chat… If you are not in their political corectness you get maybe banned too.

5 Likes

" Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms."

he signed something and goes against it, what else were they supposed to do?

19 Likes

Welcome to the world of business where sometimes playing the ‘good guy’ doesn’t work.

Blizzard is not supporting any side but punishing a player who pushed his own agenda.

Exactly, it’s the same with Colin Kaepernick. He can protest and knee all he wanted outside of NFL games but when you play you’re a employee of the NFL and should be treated as such.

6 Likes

Oh, I understand. I understand fully it would cost them a lot.

But I value basic principles like human rights more than I do pure profit.

:man_shrugging:

36 Likes

I am the flood?

No.

We are the Blizzard.

1 Like

True.

But by entering this competition, that player agreed to these terms.

I won’t claim to know the full story but there’s a difference between breaking rules you agreed to and simply breaking unjust rules.

7 Likes

It’s against terms of service… blizzard never said he couldn’t have an opinion, they just stopped him from using their platform to do so.
It doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong what he is saying, it violates the contract he scrolled through and clicked agree.

7 Likes

Blizzard and the NBA have been anything but apolitical.

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

It’d be pretty easy to call basically anyone under violation of that if you want to do so and they say much of anything.

20 Likes

What choice did they make?

1 Like

For anyone wondering why someone would randomly post this thread:

Blizzard banned a player for supporting Hong Kong protesters. Blizzard is also censoring posts about this. Please do the right thing and spread the word.

67 Likes

Leans in to camera man and whispers what the frick is going on here on this day

8 Likes

Blizzard, along with MANY big game and entertainment companies, are OWNED by China ,so there wasnt any other way really.

5 Likes

And my last blizz game is deleted. Thank you for epic games OW players, will miss you.

15 Likes

Looking for an excuse to quit? LOOK NO FURTHER! Hearthstone has an oppressed player bantering about a potentially touchy subject with Blizzard’s cash cow!

Don’t mess with Blizzard’s cash cow.

12 Likes

That’s capitalism, baby.

Profit > human rights

56 Likes

wait nvm this isn’t THAT serious I thought it was something groundbreaking.

So are you quitting this game cause a guy violated terms and rules he know or are you quitting cause you discover that blizzard doesn’t care about you? (Only your money).

1 Like

oh noes, I’m sure they’re crying in a corner now because 1 person deleted their credit card.

2 Likes