🏓 Why are people posting about Hong Kong? [Explanation]

Doing something doesn’t exactly mean your support it. You can look at Henry VIII for that fact. :man_shrugging:t4:

Inb4 this thread closes again.

2 Likes

You originally told a poster:

Now you are admitting that nestle is doing it, but it’s somehow ok, because they are not supporting it???
We aren’t going to come to an agreement on this, so have a good one my friend.

Yeah because they’re not publicly supporting it and aren’t doing it within the country. It’s still wrong but it would be difficult for any government to try and convict them of anything. Though, they do have a pretty poor international reputation. In simpler terms, a government would not let any company who sanctions human rights violations be run if they can convict said company. It’s a harsh world we live in. :weary:

Fair enough. Sounds like my point was not worded good enough. I’ll take that. :no_mouth:

but there is one. they literally write it into their rules. They just ignore those rules when its convenient so they can pander for cash.

no its not around the world. its where it wont lose them money. everywhere they would get into any type of trouble for it they censor it and make the characters straight. so the diversity isn’t actually there. its just changed to pander to each country.

except they haven’t, because they change the lore and story to keep that out of areas like china.

1 Like

Like I said before, there was already a post by a Chinese person about how Tracer and Soldier are still gay in China:

And again, Blizzard can be flexible with how they themselves want to be when it comes to taking or not take political stances. The rules they codified in this situation, however, are intended for actions beyond their personal official control, i.e. other people, to prevent the company from being unintentionally dragged into political controversy that they may not be seeking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MemeDocumentation/comments/djxppe/free_hong_kong_mom_no/

3 Likes

They aren’t gay in Russia.

and you also conveniently leave out the part where because they are gay in the comic in china, the comic was banned.

and they very intentionally have no mention of them being gay in game so the game wont get taken down either, so for all intents and purposes no there is nothing in china currently that explicitly says they are gay.

You can try to misrepresent things all you want, but I actually know the full story here.

lol so blizzard can cherry pick when they want to be a progressive company?

you know what that is called right?

being hypocritical.

4 Likes

I also want to make it clear that Chinas isnt the only voice in this. Speak up, we matter too, not just chyna. Blizzard, we exist. Do not sell our values.

Even tho bobby kotic will never listen to any of us, ever – even the US senators/congress members who sent him letters: dont even try; hes a waste of mass (hes the universes pun on wasted carbon) – maybe someone will.

The important part is if you don’t support what Blizzard did, don’t buy their stuff.

Overwatch, I think it’s pretty clear, isn’t the end all be all of games. Their esports are not the end all be all, either, as they’ve been completely outmaneuvered by Fortnite, while failing to take significant share from the MOBAs and CS:GO.

Blizzard clearly needs players more than players need Blizzard. That’s always the way it has been, and in this case their greed has rightfully cost them more money than they were hoping to gain. Since they haven’t fundamentally changed what they’re doing, to me, there’s no reason to spend money on them.

I can live without purchasing anything more from Blizzard for sure.

4 Likes

Time tto pass a new law?

look up bhopal
…

That’s in India and was the explosion of a power-plant? Unless they intentionally exploded it, which would be absurd, it wouldn’t be any sort of violation on human rights.

Also, the company in question wasn’t responsible for the explosion but rather, the employee who got convicted. No government is going to discontinue your business because of the alleged misconduct of an employee.

the company that owned it, Union Carbide India Limited, was majority owned by Union Carbide an american company, which is now owned by Dow Chemical Company, another american company
the incident happend because the company used a dangerous process in a built up area, ( there are other ways to produce the pesticide but they cost more) and failed to maintain proper procedures to deal with the chemicals involved, because they only cared about profit
this killed at lest 3787 people and injured over 500,000 more

7 employees were convicted, and the owner ucc was also forced to pay $470 millon

american courts rejected the case rather than preventing ucc from doing busness as you said they would

its perhaps worth noting that has history for killing people in persut of proffit eg ’https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawks_Nest_Tunnel_disaster

2 Likes

this is very true

this is not true at all, communism is a economic system where the workers own and control the means of production, and production is organised to fulfill needs not profits, its anti nationalist and makes economic stratification impossible

none of these things are true about china
it may be run by “the communist party”, but everything about it is capitalist, its a bit like those countries with democratic in there names

1 Like

Yes, I know. I’m saying that it isn’t an American company but is owned by one. In that case, the government of USA really has no jurisdiction over said company and couldn’t do anything about any sort of human rights violations. This is also likely why most cases against UCC was redirected to Indian courts.

This sounds like one interpretation of what happened. From what I know, there are two sides of the story with neither one being more valid than the other.

He wasn’t really forced. He just payed to avoid litigation.

Because it wouldn’t make sense for the US government to punish a company in their country for the actions of a company they owned in a separate country. Actually, again, I don’t even think they can, even if they wanted to.

It’s also a political theory…

In the case of China, they’re politically communist but apply a very capitalist economic policy.

There’s really little info on that incident and from the info that is available, it honestly just sounds like the company was trying to improve the quality of their electricity generation. Though, I guess that leads to profit. Meh, I don’t know much about this tbh.

your just making excuses now

he, do companies have gender now? regreless no busness would pay if they didnt’ thing there was a significant risk of losing, they thought they would loss more if they didn’t pay

bull if you own a business your responsible fore what it does, i don’t care about legal technicalities

politically communism is about how to implement workers ownership of the means of production, equality, democracy, the abolition of needing to work for a wage etc
none of that is present in china, if you really think there is something communist about them say what it is, because as far as i can see there is nothing

theres thousands of examples of businesses harming workers though pursuing profits, mostly though dangerous working practices, but theres also loads of examples of them highing thugs to attack strikes etc eg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain

its rare that they face any legal consequences never mind being shut down

2 Likes

So, has Blizzard decided to apologize yet?

No?

November 1st it is then.