Why are people mad that the pros are playing OW2 right now?

Isn’t it better to have the pros playtest the game and give some feedback than it is for the mostly sub plat/diamond devs to balance the game on their own? You’re not gonna get a beta any sooner regardless of whether the pros are playing it or not…

19 Likes

Because they will take out all the fun parts…I bet it

And they also cause heroes to be gutted, like mei and sym

and the balance will continue to be for them

58 Likes

I hope the devs focus on the pros performance and not their biased feedback as they are not representative of the player base.

4 Likes

For the most part, yes it’s good.

The problem perhaps could be their own bias. Their feedback could be catered that direction.

19 Likes

what fun parts we’re taking out because of pros?

3 Likes

People don’t like feeling excluded.

18 Likes

No because the pros are just as biased as anyone else and getting feedback from only 1% while the community is unhappy with the game is just a terrible thing to do.

35 Likes

Blizzard already balances the game around OWL, this will change nothing. They are mad to be mad.

5 Likes

Well what I think is there will be a part of the game they dont like and will ask the devs to change it, and they probably will

Think of how they butchered heroes like sym and mei

11 Likes

We have all seen how well that went :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So never do that again :face_with_monocle:

9 Likes

Because not all of them are impartial when it comes to hero balance for the most part. And the balance team listens to them mostly.
They make a hero clunky and unfun then leave him to rot in an unplayable state for years or make another one be op for a long time etc.

8 Likes

Because is another thing that show us how ‘‘much’’ actiblizz care of the playerbase, elitarism at its best.

4 Likes

Who knows? It is kind of funny tbh

Because people are starving for more OW2 that is accessed to them.
A lot of people either dont like pros, or dont care about them, and many of those people will be mad they got to play it first.
I personally hope they dont replace actuall QA testers with pros for the game tho. There is difference in terms of tester and player for products after all.

11 Likes

it’s not that bad especially for fun since no one in low ranks likes to go against those characters

Actually glad the pros are trying out OW2. Hopefully they can determine if there’s still some strategy left in the game, or if it’s devolved into generic deathmatch shooter.

Useful information to have when determining whether to continue to play OW after the change over. At least for me.

I hope they do, or at the very least someone who has played the game in the last 3 years. I saw some dude in the PVP live stream trying to upgrade torb turret to level 2, man hasn’t played the game since 2017.

1 Like

Because Blizzard will listen to pro player opinions and ruin balance for everyone else, not to mention gut anything that doesn’t sit well for OWL play so heroes like Mei and Symmetra will forever remain worthless because the OWL doesn’t like them.

16 Likes

I don’t know, OP. I don’t get angry over not being included in closed betas for other games, and I’m not going to get angry over OWL players playing OW2 builds.

The balance has always been for them, ever since the pro league came out. No point getting upset about it, this is something that likely won’t change, which is kind of a shame but it’s how competitive games operate

2 Likes