Why are people mad because Sigma is white?

You listed men, and non black women in game… sojourn is the only black woman that we know were getting. though, when they decide to put her in game is anyone’s guess. And literally I’ve only seen y’all complaining about ppl complaining…

5 Likes

Ana, Symm, Sombra and Pharah are all brown fam, hate to break it to you. Black or brown whatever the case, they are reps for the dark skins.

Also, they said a black woman is coming so I don’t know why they are up in arms. She will get to the game when she gets there, them complaining won’t make it faster.

Also, we addressing those complaining with facts. They want a black woman? Ana would classify as that technically. Sure, she isn’t a “black woman” but she is though. They also forget Orisa is considered a black woman omnic.

4 Likes

I am middle eastern and Arab, as are pharah and Ana, if they cast me as a black character in a movie, they would be wrong. Orisa is an omnic and doesn’t count. I’m not gonna argue semantics w you bc it is unlikely to go anywhere.

3 Likes

Egypt is also considered bordered North African so it is partially correct and in no way fully incorrect. This is what geology states dude. Not hard to read.

1 Like

I already said I wasn’t gonna argue this w u. And I’m not, Ive had this conversation many times and I don’t feel like repeating it.

I didn’t know there where people like this, it seems odd to attack the debatably most progressive game in the world like this

3 Likes

Ana and Pharah are Arab Egyptian, so they are African but not “black.” They don’t count as black female representation. I just find it kinda weird they’d release two animals before one black woman. But I have faith we’ll get one either Blizzcon or next year.

2 Likes

check any social media platform for Sigma’s announcement on the official over watch page there are tons of comments

I’m guessing the rage is coming off of tumblr or Twitter. Those places are best ignored.

(Speaking of twitter, what is it with the k-pop users complaining that they wanted another girl in the most arrogant way, and team Ireland trying to be in every post lately?)

4 Likes

Jeff said on stream that he wanted to make a Dutch character because there is a huge Blizzard base in the Netherlands, no reason for people to get upset here.

Tanks have to have bulky designs because they have to have bulky hitboxes. Imagine how hard It would be to kill Roadhog if he had Moira’s hitbox.

3 Likes

I have no problem with bulky(Pharah is my favorite hero) . I have a problem with the combination of the characteristics I listed. Something can be bulky and stylish, weird and cool, goofy and gracious.

To be fair. If there wasn’t a single white male in the game, people (white men) would feel very uncomfortable and be up in arms.
I understand what you are saying, and i’m not complaining, I just want to point out that it’s far more double standardy than it appears to be since specificaly african women just became a new thing in terms of video game representation.

Like… Just imagine there wasn’t a single white dude in the game, and people pointed out things like: “look, north-east asians and lations have light/white skin so there is white skin males in the game, fam.”
See what I mean?

1 Like

Oh I understand completely fam I get you. Yeah, anybody, no matter what, will complain about anything. That I think is the long run key here. However, even if a “white American male was not” in the game then a swiss, german, etc. would do it I feel just fine because they are white in the end skin tone wise, which is why I do not understand why these people are so bend over backwards for a “black female” when we have strong brown/black women in this game. Just becuase they are not “african american” does not mean they are exiling their color here as we have Ana, Pharah, Sombra, and Symmetra as brown strong women.

You feel me?

1 Like

I would correct that to European American, which is the same in terms of race to European. Unlike, let’s say Middle eastern or Indian being the same as African or African American.

Get it now?

Just miserable people looking to be unhappy honestly

2 Likes

A black woman is a black woman. Irish isn’t rep for New Zealand and Brown isn’t Black. They are all beautiful women and wonderful representation for their respective groups. But none of them represent the culture of people descended from sub-Saharan Africa, which is what is meant by black in this context.

3 Likes

It’s not an attack. You can criticize stuff you love. I’m kind of tired of these days of any form of criticism being seen as hate or attacks.

3 Likes

You can LITERALLY PLAY AS A HAMSTER. Those who are mad need to uninstall because nobody really cares that hes white.

1 Like

Something to be upset about. I personally do what a native american inspired character. But there is genuinely nothing to hate about Sigma. His character is well thought out, has amazing abilities and personality, and provides something we needed now that we are going into 2-2-2

Because their mediocrity is just too high. Actual progressive concerns lies on more complex issues like climate change or discovery of renewable sources of energy, but they’re just too stupid to get a life and make something useful with themselves.

Overwatch is multicultural and Blizzard is a progressive company. This kind of whining is getting too conservative for 2019.