Why are people building really expensive rigs for OW

…when you can just get a really good gaming chair for a fraction of the cost???

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

PC gamers will never cease to amaze me. :smh:

technically it’s the gaming brands’ fault for being really expensive

Oh yeah? What do you know? You… YOU’RE just a DOGE!

You mean the beanbag I’m sitting on with my Alienware laptop ain’t cutting it???

3 Likes

No dude, you had a good thing going. You successfully baited someone, it’s ruined now.

2 Likes

Haven’t had my afternoon coffee yet…

you need an expensive rig just to run the game on low settings to compensate for the horrendous input lag the game adds on in game.

get PODIEPIES CHIAR 3999999 ONLYYYY! <3

lbr gaming rigs and peripherals are really expensive tho :money_with_wings:

No you don’t. I have a Dell Inspiron with a GTX 1060 that was only about 650. Runs OW and every other game I have flawlessly.

Another took the bait, you have an opportunity to redeem yourself

1 Like

xQc’s chair is really nice.

I think he’s about to have it out with someone else over specs. This is gonna get interesting.

Overwatch is a very friendly game in terms of system requirements and you don’t need the most incredible rig to build it. Some have more powerful rigs for more extensively powerful games especially those that use virtual reality peripherals. Building fancy PC rigs is a lot like owning a really fancy sports car, You can’t take it past 80 mph on the Interstates, Even though you know the car can do over 120.

I am considering on an investing in the money and building a new PC from scratch and document in it so you all can see what the process is like. If you would like to see this content from me please let me know. Also be sure to check out my PC maximizing performance guide for tips on building your own rig.

1 Like

I think many would appreciate something like that. I see posts on here about rig building at least twice a week.

why wouldn’t you just use pc builder simulator and make a video of that
it’s a lot cheaper

I haven’t heard of people that build “expensive” machines just for OW. Most people that can afford a decent living standart will build a pc to last a bit longer. Also, if you want to play OW on epic settings and 120FPS+, you’d need a GTX1070 minimum, which will cost you $400ish, and you might call that already expensive.

One thing i can tell you for sure: Building your own pc part by part, using some of the most trusted parts on the marked, gives you the best feeling you can have in therms of trusting in your pc.

Because building a PC by yourself if your own hands is a hell a lot more fun.

true shall u venture to the darkside and go amd this time ?

Or get proper used Aereon chair for about 400 bux. Will last for decades unlike most gaming chairs. A ton of used ones will be on sale when OWL flops (it’s the brand you see all the players sitting in)

Don’t have one myself since I opted for a new steelcase leap which was over 1.1k? (flex) and it’s been pretty great.