Why are OW2 viewing numbers the same as OW so soon?

are you telling me people aren’t hyped watching their favorite streamer play the 14 match of colloseo of the day and get rekt because the enemy sojourn just killed 5 and he has a low diamond tank in top 500

then do the exact same thing to the other team the next game

couldn’t fathom why they wouldn’t be hyped for that :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

Is it that bad? I heard they had problems with cheaters and bad metas.

That took a long, long time. And ultimately, I don’t think the initial viewership was sustainable. The variety streamers will play when it’s trendy, then leave, and so go their viewers. FPS fans will gravitate to CoD, that seems to be trendy at the moment. I’m happy for the scene to be the size that it is, and with fresh content injections I’m sure it’ll be fine.

The people that play this have been addicted for 10 years, it’s just habit to play and watch like 12 hours.

1 Like

i mean, it really is just the same game as overwatch 1

i honestly think its marketing campaign would have be wildly more successful if they had just framed it as a mega update rather than a true sequel

My guess is we’re seeing what the viewership actually is when people aren’t being bribed with tokens.

1 Like

Likely because 2 tanks was more fun to watch for most people. Also let’s not forget, Blizzard essentially pays people to watch OWL. They did this in OW as well, but now alot of people aren’t even getting the rewards.

1 Like

Personally, I think it’s because it’s still dying. Even big Overwatch youtubers are talking bad about it. It’s reputation is in the dirt.

Overwatch 2 is just a big update. After a couple weeks, their viewers will drop to what it was. Then with each added Hero, it will spike before leveling out again.

Maybe because… it is the same old damn game.

They probably can’t exist stream because they died from boredom.

1 Like