Why are matches easier on my alt?

Both my accounts are around 2500-2600, but on my alt I find my matches are with people who are trying and my main games usually have at least one thrower… What is the deal? Does a high level account get placed at a higher MMR just because its a higher level? Anyone else notice this?

2 Likes

This is more than likely your attitude regarding the game. You probably don’t care what happens to your alt, so you play for enjoyment, which leads to more wins.

5 Likes

Because they try to make even matches. On your main you’re probably one if the better players in the match, so you become the designated potato carrier.

On your alt, you get to be middle of the road and you’re not expected to make as big of an impact. Still have the same chance to win each game.

That’s the matchmaker handicapping matches. You actually get punished for better play, because in order to make an even match at that SR at that moment, what do they have to do? Stick the worst player in the best player’s team.

I see the same thing. Games are easier on my alt, I’m just there to practice some off heroes. It’s never up to me to carry. Magically, I still end up at 50% win rate. On my main, every time I put some huge games together, I’m smacked with games that seem unusually challenging for that rank.

Ditto happens to me too. My serious plat border is the same SR as my drunk bronze border.

1 Like

Because you care on your main so you make up in your head that people are throwing when they really aren’t. On your alt you don’t care, so you don’t notice that those same people aren’t throwing and you just play the game.

3 Likes

Theres a kinda respeckt for smurfs compared to mains

cuz new acc means new mmr, so the game has no idea where to place you, tho that holds true for when u pick different characters as well. basically your getting rly low elo games

What do you play on your main account and what do you play on your alt account?
This might be the difference…if you play the same hero(es) on both accounts then I really don’t know

I play the same hero’s, just drunk. When I play drunk on my main I drop like 1000 sr in a night. Playing my alt I maintain 50% win rate. The MMR is def tilted towards new or bad players.

Alt has better mmr relative to sr

Millions of people are talking about the same thing you are, most of them have quit. SR means nothing, and the people who made the matchmaker are desperately trying to convince everyone that it works well. It’s completely bogus. I have played at gold games 2400 that were more difficult than any diamond or masters game I’ve ever been in. The players in masters are better, but the difficulty to win the match was actually harder in 2400 because of the matchmaker “balancing” teams: “oh this guys really good? Np, i’ll put really good people on the other team”.

Overwatch is a loss, it’s a failure. Jeff already said there are no new changes coming to the matchmaker so that means they don’t know how to fix it. Probably could have been one of the best games of all time, but instead will go down as “something just never quite worked with Overwatch”.

casuals and team based games just rly dont work together.

Agreed, this was the case for me

True, you cant just have a simple set of rules while a game being that team dependent.

Even if that what you’re saying is true, everyone experiences the same, you just gotta learn how to solo carry, even though that completly contradicts the meaning of this game

Ooooooh, shiny! I want one! :heart_eyes:

I’ve never seen one before, nice work :blush: