Why am I suspended?!

Five minutes being absent is extremely detrimental to the outcome of the match. The longer you are gone the more likely your team will be unable to win. Furthremore, after 2 minutes, teammates are given the option to forfeit and leave the match without penalty (but will still take the appropriate SR reduction for a loss).

I don’t believe this is accurate anymore. It definitely used to be the case where they gave you two minutes, but i believe its instant now. You should still try to rejoin, it just won’t help your SR any.

While this is something I don’t go testing very frequently, the last time I had an applicable situation to this (which was last season), I did not get penalized when I successfully returned within two minutes.

The Competitive Leaver penalty rules works as following:

• If a player leaves during the pre-game setup or the first minute of a match (from the time when the attacking spawn doors open on the first round), the match will automatically cancel. There will be a warning message displayed with a ten-second countdown. The purpose of this countdown is to warning all remaining players the match is canceling so that they do not freak out when they are returned to the game lobby. Even if the player who left returns within the ten second countdown, the match will cancel. The player who caused the game to cancel by leaving is automatically penalized.
  • If a player leaves after one-minute, they have either up to two minutes or until the match ends normally to return without penalty. If they leave and return within two minutes they will NOT be penalized and allowed to complete the match. (Please note the SR of the player who left the match will show their SR lowered by 50 but will reverse back to normal if they complete the match). If the player fails to return within two-minutes or when the match ends (whichever comes first), they will be penalized regardless if they return or of the match outcome.
  • If a player leaves and is gone for more than two minutes, all remaining teammates at that point have the option to forfeit and leave the match on their own without suspension. They will however receive a loss including the appropriate SR reduction for the match result (any performance based SR modifiers* are discarded when calculating the SR adjustment).

*Performance based modifiers are only applicable for Platinum and lower ranks.

First of all i am high platinum player and thats why i dropped to lower elo decide to learn Widowmaker. The problem is the game dont allow you even to practice and learn something in comp people just report your specially heroes like Widowmaker Symmetra and Torb. Why should i get ban becouse of playing hero bad even if i am not that bad widow???

OW matches are between 15-20 minutes (sometimes up to 30-40) No match takes less than 8-10 minutes. A player doesn’t need exact 5 minutes but there are many cases (probably more than 60-70% ) that you need 3 or 4 because usually when a internet connection goes down it takes around 1-2 minutes to come back. Then you have to add the time that it takes the user to check things up and open the game (not everyone has a SSD) then to connect to battle.net/match.

Your system doesn’t give a human-reasonable time to fix their issue and also you punish the players who wants to forfeit because even if the matchs ends up 6vs3 (because those players stayed at end ) they still get punished and loss points for something they have no control.

In resume

If you DC/Crash and you didn’t fix your stuff in less than 2 minutes = punished = angry players

if you leave the game because the leaver didn’t come back = punished

if you stay at the end of the match even if your entire team leaved and the screens looks 6vs1 = punished .

Your whole system encourages peoples to be toxic and angry even if they try do don’t.

Also you never do anything when the server crash and everyone loss Rank or SR.

And that is a reportable offense to intentionally drop. So even then, you deserve the suspension to begin with.

Sure you can, just not when you intentionally throw to do this. If you do your best and people think you are throwing, you will not be penalized. If you get wrongfully suspended, you can appeal and it will get overturned.

Because, you were a bad widow, and even so you just admitted to throwing to get into lower SR games.

This is a “you” problem.

I dropped lower becouse i was not platinum level Widow simple. Most of times anyway i had in game 3-4 dps in teams. This is just stupid to ban people just for playing widowmaker. I gave my best and at the end got 2 months ban.

I think you need to understand that if your issues are so severe that it requires time to restore your connection, you need to stop playing Competitive after the first malfunction and take time to test and resolve the issue before risking Competitive again. Technical malfunctions are penalized to get players to STOP playing the game mode.

The system does not compensate remaining players for when there is a leaver. Principal Designer Scott Mercer elaborates on this:

Source: Overwatch Forums

Server crashes themselves are extremely rare and in most cases the match simply restarts. Players often confuse server problems with issues that could be affecting connections to the servers such as a DDoS attack on Blizzard’s network providers. These type of issues affect multiple players, but they are not the servers that are malfunctioning. If the problem is going on for a long time and is a worldwide problem they may disable Competitive from even being played (this happens extremely rarely), however in most cases such issues are outside of Blizzard’s control immediately and it is impossible to reverse any penalties or SR loss. Support Agent Drakuloth explains more:

One in 10-15 matches is actually very consistent. If your PC and internet are working as expected, it would be shocking if this occurred even once every 100-150 matches. I can’t even remember the last time my game crashed.

If you flag a post it will explicitly tell you on the bottom of that persons post and you can hit the flag button again to unflag it.

1 Like

He didn’t intentionally throw into a lower SR. He’s saying he just started playing widowmaker and his widowmaker wasn’t good enough to maintain plat or gold so over time he ended up in silver.

nvidia control panel change the maximum amount of pre-rendered frames to 1

apply

launch overwatch

see if you crash again

It is pretty obvious he is the false reporting type. Sometimes people lie to themselves to help justify their reaction. It is some sort of psychological defense. But either way, no changing his mind.

Be sure to close:
-launcher
-bluzzard updater
-crashmailer 64, comes up once you start the application
-and any internet tabs

All cause serious strain on your pc while playing overwatch

This is why a scoreboard matters. It helps with evidence and can counter false reports if it comes to game sabotage. I can assure this company when it comes to policy against false reporting isn’t the brightest. The only one so far that does do work is GW2 from my experience, but then again every employer mindset is different.

The ones from Blizzard as whole been corrupted and encourages players to do false reports for quotas.

If they want to debate with me about it then feel free to do so Overwatch game masters. I know the reasons from a year ago why I got a silence before you guys went haywire, but a suspension from the game during a silence penalty due to false reporting giving out the worst tips ever just so you won’t uplift the appeal.

You’re more toxic than toxic players themselves.

1 Like

2016-2017 they only silenced your chat if you were toxic and was fair thing. Now 2018-2019 they are banning you minimum 1 week for abusive chat even perma ban some people. They are doing this simple for money follow LOL formula new accounts more money. I mean if you dont like someone what is talking or writing there is mute block option no need for bans.Every year gaming becoming worse and more corrupted!

1 Like

sorry about my english , i jsut got suspended for 8 hours because i exited from skirmish ,

2016 - 2017 was justifiable reasons when they were wholeheartedly loving their game, but then came that machine that takes all reports experimenting and not correcting. Ever since then the employees either got brainwashed, or scared to challenge their superiors on false reports or were toxic themselves.

That feature became so irrelevant this era thanks to social media outlets. People lost common sense values and rather challenge the toxic individual only to get their feelings hurt knowing big brother report will take care of everything. That’s our culture at the moment sadly.

Only to who don’t care about their community and product as whole hence why all this stuff is happening to Blizzard.

No it’s the fact that I lose 50SR and get a suspensions.