Why am I so bad?

Why am I so bad at this game? I’ve played since the beginning, and I have a peak in gold, and at one point even platinum. Now I can’t even get above 1000 SR in any category. Why am I so bad at this game?

If you have not been treating it like a MOBA for the past year… Year and a half, that is probably why. I struggle to maintain my SR too. Once this new patch hits, it should be easier.

I don’t know. I’ve done everything I think I can to be successful. And nothing seems to work.

Unfortunately there is not much to go on based on your description to provide any advice. So here is some general tips.

• Don’t let medals be an indicator of your performance - Getting “4 golds” is not accurate to determine your actual performance (regardless of the role). In fact, the only useful stat in the scoreboard screen is your death count (the less you die the more you are contributing to the match overall). Instead focus on more performance oriented stats such as your weapon accuracy.
  • Use the replay tool - After every competitive match, try to take time to watch your replays (remember you can browse your replays while searching for the next match), try to carefully analyze each time when you die and how you were killed as this is often the key to improving your own personal performance in each match.
  • Improve your computer and connection - Many players don’t properly work to configure their computer or internet connection and may suffer performance rates which can impact your gameplay. See my performance guide in the Technical Support forum for some key tips.
6 Likes

in my personal experience, i have found this game has become mostly grounds for twinks and smurfs. maybe like 60% of the lower elo is players on they main accounts. as such lower elos are awash with throw away games. often dictated by the smurf that is more mad and wants a win then any other factor. i defy any blizzard employee to refute this. of course they wont. they dont want anyone to know the true state of they game.

for the first few days of placement matches of a new season, u can see a truer gauging of player skill throughout the elos. a week or so in, skill starts to vary widely within the elos, as the smurfs have placed their main accounts and simply want to go to lower elos to ‘have fun’ at the rest of the playerbases expense.

I wish I could down vote your reply. I dislike everyone who is in tech support, so i don’t regard any answers they give as anything legitimate.

You do realize, that I am just a player like everyone else? I am a Forum MVP because I do work to help other players with issues including technical support, but in this case, my goal is just to give a few general pointers to improve your game overall.

11 Likes

I realize that. But again, because of your position, I disregard everything you have to say.

This attitude is probably the answer to your question.

Some guy offers useful advice, and your immediate response is “I don’t like you so I’m ignoring everything you say”. If you behave like often, it’s no wonder you never improve.

14 Likes

If you say so. I don’t believe it to be the case. I think a remark like yours is a reaction more than it is a thought.

honestly it’s about how much value you can bring to the table, eventually it will take you higher, there’s extra performance based SR gained for every win you get so let’s say you win only half, that means you should be able to climb if you are able to atleast perform well with said character.

my advice is focusing on playing one character to your absolute best over anything else.
you can overcome bad match-ups at lower ranks due to skill ceiling isn’t being reached where it does matter too greatly.

countering a pick don’t matter if you are not able to actually counter it with your current level of skill.

Because you are comparing yourself to better people.
Compare yourself to worse players and you are suddenly great :smiley:

1 Like

Troll reply. Nice one.

I wasnt trolling, sorry if it came off that way.

Its like this with any competitive thing. Im a 3d artist and if I spend all my time looking on artstation at the professionals who have my dream job, I will be depressed and never feel like Im good enough.

Sometimes you just gotta look at people on or below your level if you really wanna compare yourself to others

My post was specifically about why I haven’t been improving. Not that I compare myself to others or anything. So you’re completely off topic. Embarrassing.

I guess I am embarassing then :unamused:

I was just giving general mindset advice; I really dont know how we can troubleshoot a random stranger saying he’s bad and how to get better…

I suppose you could start with following guides that reduce your input lag; they are really simple steps and actually help; you can go into practice range and see a difference immediately, that would be a good first step

General mindset advice not needed here. I probably shouldn’t have come to the forums. I get bots replying to me and people who spout “general mindset advice” thinking they’re being helpful. This game is garbage and I should probably stop playing all together.

Literally that above all else.

“Im bad pls help, why?” there’s no choice but to give general advice for that… Unless you wanna upload gameplay to youtube and have someone review it/coach you, idk what you’re looking for here

1 Like

You could try not discarding literally all help offered to you. Maybe take some advice to heart and actually use it, instead of insulting those who help.

3 Likes