Why am I gaining so little SR?

I’m a diamond dps player and placed mid diamond the last time I did placements before this role queue beta… but the game placed me in low plat on my alt for this beta season for some mysterious reason and I’ve been gaining anywhere from 15 to 21 SR per win…

I’ve won my last 7 games in a row and that is all im getting for SR. This includes games where I’ve completely carried team to wins that should have been losses and completely stomped on teams when I had good teammates… my last game I got 70%+ kill participation with gold elims & damage where we steamrolled the enemy team… 21 SR… what the hell is going on? The last REAL season I played, I was getting between 30-40 SR per win when I was playing in plat… Now the game places me in plat (below where I belong) and tries to force me to stay there by giving me barely any SR per win?

I mean… I KNOW I’m overperforming on my hero, because I’m pretty much only playing soldier on my alt (one of the worst dps) and still destroying everyone on him so…

2 Likes

Isn’t it something like…

The match maker eventually makes an unfair game.

If you’re on the team that MM thinks should probably win, if you win you don’t gain much because the game was unfair, if you lose you lose a lot because MM thinks you should have won and punishes you for it. :thinking:

2 Likes

Ok… so I just won another one… gained 24 SR (my highest gain yet this season! still “below average”).

I don’t actually know what my win percentage is on soldier this season, since it doesn’t track anymore. But I have 9 games won, I don’t remember losing any but lets say I lost 1 game, just since I don’t remember, so its possible. Here are my stats with the 90% win rate this season:

15,276 damage per 10 min
4.18 deaths per 10 min
30.53 avg elims per 10 min
7.3 elims per life
14.12 final blows per 10 min
40% weapon accuracy

Do those seem like “below average for plat” statlines to any of you? Because like I said, every single game I won, I got between 15-24 (was max of 21 before last game) SR per win with just playing soldier, so apparently Blizzard’s PBSR system thinks they are…

Also keep in mind that I didn’t “throw” my way to low plat or anything. I was legitimately trying my best and carrying games, because I was curious to see what my “true” dps rating would be, still got placed low plat (definitely don’t belong there, since I’ve been diamond for last few seasons and comfortably win games there).

I think this actually explains WHY I’ve (and apparently many others) have been getting such bizarre games since role queue season started. The role queue matchmaker has something seriously wrong with it. I’ve had lots of games where I genuinely thought my dps partner was throwing, would re-watch the game and would see them literally do nothing all game, like LITERALLY nothing.

If you guys really want, I can even upload my last comp game where I had 19k damage in a 15 min game and you can tell me if you think my performance was “below average” for a plat, since I only gained 24 SR from it…

1 Like

PBSR is not just based on your performance in that game, it’s also based on your MMR, which is slow to move.

Is there any reason that account would have a particularly low MMR as dps(or in general)? Did you play it when you were much worse than you currently are?

Nope. I normally use that alt to play heroes I am unfamiliar with or just bad with, but it’s stayed in mid-high plat for the last few seasons. Which is why I was so :face_with_raised_eyebrow: when I got placed low plat on dps…. but I was just like "no problem, I’ll just stomp everyone and get tons of extra sr from PBSR (first part happened, but I get way LESS SR than I should) which is why I’m :face_with_raised_eyebrow: again.

The other thing is I got placed in high plat as support while being placed low plat as dps…. support is definitely my weakest role, so getting placed higher on support than dps is just completely nonsensical.

And another thing. WHY DO I KEEP GETTING HALF DIAMONDS IN ONE GAME AND THEN HALF GOLDS IN THE NEXT GAME?! It’s really annoying. Half the time I get competent allies. Half the time I get teammates that walk past a sleeping doomfist instead of attacking him