Why all the complaints about lack of female skins

Cause it is cool to be outraged. Didn’t you get the memo lol. :smile:

How is there any problem with what Jessicka said?

The point isn’t that everyone who might be upset over an event with only female skins are ‘Tiki Torch wielding Alt-Reich incels’ but that the ‘Tiki Torch wielding Alt-Reich incels’ will try to take advantage of the situation to push their politics.

5 Likes

Tiki torches… :joy:

1 Like

O pls no, I swear, I have nothing to hide, take pity on me gods pls

1 Like

The problem with what they said is it associates anyone who doesn’t want ‘all female only skins’ with those people unintentionally. Most people really don’t care if there is an event that has an all male or female only set of skins, but people who disagree with those events are not immediately < insert political doctrine following here >.

It is a important distinction to make.

You are asking questions that clearly aren’t about politics, you must be trying to diffuse the situation when it has taken a negative turn that not even I can fix :laughing:

1 Like

Ever thought that people just want skins for their mains?
Also i haven’t seen such threads here yet. There was a random post about all the skins so far being for male heroes but that was about it.
It is very likely at least one to be for female hero anyway.

2 Likes

This is pretty much what all people ever want!

“I was only trying to help!” :yum:

1 Like

But on a much more serious note, I go and take a lunch break and I come back to this. I’m just surprised it hasn’t been locked or 404’d

2 Likes

It will be lol
Just give it time.

1 Like

We all know that. What’s even more important to understand is that this is intentional. The ‘Tiki Torch wielding Alt-Reich incels’ purposefully associate themselves with people simply upset about a specific thing and then use those poor angry jacks as cover for plausible deniability so they can harrass and radicalize.

Oh and just to set the record straight. The left doesn’t have ‘bad people too’, it has traitors. Unfortunately, a whole lot of em.

1 Like

So you didn’t read my post as this shows. Not everyone who doesn’t want something is some form of radical, and associating anyone with that is bad form.
There are people who don’t want all male or all female only skin events. They aren’t bad people, or any sort of radical political doctrine followers. By putting all these tags to certain things you not only diminish the power of the tag (racism is quickly getting diluted which is bad for instance) you only put blame on people that have nothing to do with those people.

LOL.

Oh boy you poor thing. There are bad people on both sides, it is disingenuous to think otherwise.

Agree, but they’re much more likely to get called out on the left, and suitably shamed. The right will tend toward protecting its own.

1 Like

We will forever disagree on this. I don’t think either side gets called out enough, and protects their own a lot.

Not like the right protects its President.

2 Likes

And the left doesn’t protect theirs?

That’s a Biiiig oof right there my dude.

2 Likes

Okay, so last week, our PM, biggest party rebellion against their leader in history; next day, unanimous support to stay in power even though they don’t in any way agree on what to do with it.

Leader of the opposition, half his own party openly hate him and regularly vote against him.

I certainly can’t see Labour holding onto a guy like Boris who’s repeatedly made racist and sexist comments, and actually and proudly sent guys round to someone house to beat him up; as a grown adult.

Labour are always kicking people out. Tories just sideline them for a few months then bring them back a few months later. Hell they ended suspensions on members for sexual misconduct to try to push through a vote.

1 Like

This isn’t a feminism thing, it’s an annoyance thing. For a lot of people - myself included - skins are cool and they allow you to make your character feel more fun. More options is always good and Overwatch devs tend to neglect the female characters, specifically the ones added post-release.

We need more Brigitte, Moira, Orisa, and Ana skins.

Nobody asked for more Torb and Rein skins. Especially since Rein literally just got a Christmas skin.

I really hope for something cool for Brig, Orisa or Tracer this time :smiley: