Why add damage fall off to hog?

After thinking through things for a bit I have come to a conclusion.

I am having flashbacks of early World of Warcraft Arena PVP. The balance changes were subtle at first with few of them making or breaking a class. In two+ plus years though things were far different. Classes were getting revamped at light speed pacing and one change could ruin your team composition. A few times there were ninja nerfs that the community had to figure out on there own.

I wonder when we will see a hero get 3.0 Paladin’ed.

1 Like

Plot Twist: In that parallel universe, the lack of Widowmaker results in the Pharah meta, aka console GM meta.

1 Like

So the physics get to count in this one case, but not in any of the other cases? Please.

2 Likes

Yea youre wrong here, she has spread and falloff, which starts at 11m and at max falloff range her shots do 1/4 their normal dmg. Does awful dmg past close to mid range.

1 Like

WRONG. Tracer has horrible falloff…

"Tracer
Pulse Pistols

Damage: 6-1.8 (per bullet, min 2 bullets per click)

Falloff zone: 10m-20m (Short)

Falloff multiplier: 0.3"

2 Likes

Hog’s pretty bad right now as is. So while I can understand a need for this change if it was a bug or a mechanic unintentionally left in the game, I think it should be countered with a buff of some kind: maybe making hook combo slightly easier on squishy targets (especially ana, and that’s coming from a support main), providing him with some armor that he may or may not be able to get back using his heal, etc., would ameliorate this.

2 Likes

Probably did it for consistency between other, similar ults. Contrary to what you may think, blizzard isn’t run by dummies. They for sure are aware of the state of hog and are likely doing some internal testing to figure out the best approach to sorting him out/ fixing his bugs.

1 Like

Sniper Reaper is confused.

1 Like

And building Hanzo’s ult charge.

You must remember when Roadhog was unusable for an entire season. That nerf was inexplicably bad and it dragged on.

reaper is fine…

not really a counter when the hook registers then breaks like 30% of the time.

1 Like

Unusable is a strong word. He is played on illios and nepal all the time. Also played a ton on defense comps with the s u c c and hook combo. He has some minor bugs which make him a little inconsistent, but he is very close to the correct powerlevel he should be at.

it does not, you should look at the math of parabolas. if you got hit with a bullet just before it hit the ground. it would be doing pretty much the same damage as it does right out of the barrel.

however the spread should probably much wider at long ranges, which I’m sure hog’s spread stays the same even at 100m

I’m talking about the period after he was nerfed, but before he received his mobile take-a-breather buff.

That nerf was for nearly the entire season, and Roadhog was a liability.

And then they saw he needed a buff and buffed him… I’m not really sure what you are arguing here. The dev team need to either neglect him 100% or make him overpowered in 1 balance update?

No. We don’t need to send her back to F-tier, thank you.

But i think we should fix Roadhog.

1 Like

‘fixing’ a ‘bug’ that has been in the game since the very beginning and was never once described as a bug.

I despise that people arent realizing that blizzard is nerfing characters and describing the nerfs as bug fixes to try and stave off any complainers.

They have done this with sombra, moira(real bug fix tho since they did describe it was a bug from the beginning), etc.

5 Likes

Reaper and hog have always been the best snipers

That you’re giving the team too much credit. This change was rushed through without much thought, nor consideration of the feedback based on PTR.

After two years of this one would think Blizzard would have learned to give more consideration to PTR testing, and understand disaster in the making but…

1 Like