Why 1000 sr difference in team mates make it 500 or less even

for the love of god stop making teams where you can have team mates of 1000 sr difference…make it 500 instead

3 Likes

I think at high levels it is 500. Only at lower ranks is it 1000.

why? what’s the reason…seriously

That is the problem. SR is calculated from all players on a team. Meaning you could have a 1500 tank and 500 healer. That’s a heck of a spread and chances are the team loses. FYI this would be a normal bronze match. Throw in an ult account dps practicing and it’s the average bronze match.

Which leads to many bronze players just not caring any more. Being uber toxic.

2 reasons:

1. Queue times
  2. Friend lists

Here is an excellent break-down of the broken MMR system.

I agree 1000 is too much. People already smurf and derank in order to play with friends so it would make no difference.
On high elo 500 SR can mean a slightly better reaction time, more consistent aim and better awareness. On low elo 500 SR can already be the difference between a person running in 1v6 or holding s all game.
Sure there is a difference between Master and GM but there are dimensions between Gold and Platinum.

1 Like

My own SR has fluctuated up and down as much as 800 on multiple occasions. I constantly rubberband between high silver and low plat.

My skill level has not changed.

It’s not as big of a difference as you’d like to think.

1 Like

That just means you are inconsistent, that doesn’t mean there is no difference between 800 and 1800.
I’ve never been that low but if 1000 SR players walk against walls regularly and stand around shooting it can only be worse lower. 1800 SR players however already show some form of teamwork even if unintentional it becomes way harder to 1v6 because they start noticing you.

I won’t even play with friends that have somehow dropped from usual 2400-2600 range into 2100s on Tank and Support while my Tank and Support is still 2500-2700. Too afraid I’d get 2100s DPS or something, or whatever it is my friends didn’t play. So I just solo queue.

Yea 1000 sr is an insanely huge gap it is so stupid that they allowed this

Another great design choice by blizz

The lower the gap the more smurf accounts. One of the more common reasons players make smurf accounts its to play with lower ranked friends.

A diamond+gold on the same team is more fair than two golds on the same team, where one of the golds is an actual diamond player.

Players are going to play with their friends no matter what. Making that more difficult is only going to make matchmaking worse.

1 Like

I don’t play with my friends… because I want to win.

There is less of a difference between 1500 to 2500, than there is from 2500 to 3000. Look at my current ranks. I know.