Why 1-2-3 is superior!

We had this discussion before (several times!)
Short version:
Massive DPS nerf
Massive buff to tank and their utility
Killing every off tank, converting him into main tank
Eliminating a huge junk of strategic depth, which would kill OW and the tank population

3 Likes

Depends on how serious Blizz is about saving their E-sports flagship.

Taking away intratank synergy will kill OW E-sports

2 Likes

We have only gotten a handful in three years. You expect eight in one patch? Please be realistic here.

2 Likes

“Hey guys. There is a huge deficit on tanks right now. Lets just remove them from our matches.”

Are you for real dude. Who in their right mind do you think will be willing to solo tanking?

6 Likes

DPS are already nerfed in a 2-2-2 environment where they can’t even play the game save 10+ minute wait times.

What is wrong with buffing tanks into actual tanks.

Every off tank is trash now. The whole idea of a tanky dps ( which is what off tanks are) is terrible anyways.

strategic depth? How so? That is just your fear of change and lack of vision.

Clearly the OP is not a tank main… solo tanking sucks big time.

FWIW, Jeff indicated they originally envisioned a 1-1-4 ratio, but it is painful being a tank and support then just being dove repeatedly by 4 DPS like wild dogs on a cat…

No, there will be no squirreling out from under 2-2-2.

6 Likes

Tank buffs say hello. I’m betting tons of DPS payers would play the new juggernaut class.

Queue time went down drastically. I see IDDQD, Kabaji, Surefou with below 10 min queue times,

That you don’t know about intratank synergy and how vital it is to this role makes this whole thread obsolete.

Off tanks are vital for movement/rotations/playmaking.
They are the glue that holds your strat together.

It’s hard to explain everybit in detail, it’s such a vast and complex topic

1 Like

Waiting to play the game isn’t the same as a nerf.

Because what your proposing is game breaking and destroys synergy between the roles. Buffing one class of heroes to be objectively better than any other class isn’t a good solution.

They were made trash because DPS don’t want to play against them.

Introducing more guns into a match isnt any more or less strategic than evenly balancing a team between the roles.

4 Likes

I am a tank main. My profile is open, like a book. At least look before you make crazy allegations.

Solo tank? Yeah good luck with that. Might as well erase every tank but the shield ones then because you will be reported for choosing anything but.

I seriously doubt anyone in their right mind would want to solo tank. If you do, you are the rare exception. “Crazy allegations”…pfftt… a crazier one is suggesting solo tanking…

3 Likes

That already exists. You have healers who are objectively better and contribute more than the entire dps role. Moira can heal and do massive damage while no dps can heal outside of soldier and his biotic which is nothing compared to Moira’s utility.

LOL You mean just Moira right? Because every other support is terrible thanks to their nerfs.

Even if you buff them skyhigh it is a lot of heat and responsibility.
All of those 3 dps will be targeting the tank and when the tank dies, guess who’s fault will be for losing the match.

Also people who queue for a tank and then go flanking with hog the entire game can also ruin the match.

1 Like

Moira a better DPS than most DPS?
WTF?!?

I read some crazy hyperbole on this thread, but you earned your medal

3 Likes

No, lucio and zen are also very good at providing VERY competitive DPS.

What game are you playing? Zen is literally the first to be taken out of in supports aside from Mercy thanks to his horrible HP, barley even making him survive most targeted hits and Lucio hardly can deal damage, let alone his healing and laughable “speed boost” being barley functional. His Boop is the only thing great on him.

Moira is the ONLY one that can par with a DPS.

And now we get to the heart of the matter. RESPONSIBILITY.