Why 1-2-2 instead of 1-3-1

What makes devs think there are same amount of healer and damage dealer players? A reason for solo tank is long queue times because no one wants to play tanks. To shorten things, only one tank was one of the solution but why 2 healers while %90 of the game mains damage dealers? Make it 1-3-1 or players gonna leave the game again by time because of not able to play damage dealers enough.

Queue times were a consequence of that playing tank was awful and boring

What about 1-3-1 and what is the logic behind 1-2-2

1 Like

yeah I agree. It reminds me of Warcraft PVP when they overdid healing and no one died.

1 support mean the support is gonna be focus by the enemy team the whole game. It’ll end up as whoever kill the support first will win.
Also, tanks have always been less popular in comparison to supports.

No. 1-3-1 would be even worse than the current 1-2-2.

I still vehemently disagree with the change from 2-2-2 to 1-2-2.

Honestly, if they wanted to change it, they should’ve gone 2-3-3 instead!

2 supports with no off-tank to peel for them any more means the 2 supports gonna be focus by the enemy team the whole game.

to be fair, even with 2 tanks in the old ow, most of the time the tanks only look a head and the support behind them. It’s rare for them to peel or turn around lol.

No. It is fine as 1-2-2 if it changes it should be 2-1-2

This is exactly what I was thinking.

I can never appreciate people who say 1-2-2 or 2-2-2 is fine even 2-1-2 possible. BUT I want to ask you something: Are you happy with queue times? Tank:3 min - DPS: 6 min - Support: 2 min
I think DPS 6 min is huge fail while billions of players playing atm

Being a solo support would be an absolute nightmare with 3 dps on the other team. And no one backing you up.

I asked this as soon as they announced 5v5. Support should have had the same rework treatment as tanks, if the purpose was to reduce queue times.

They just don’t have a clue. 24hrs after launch and queue times for tank and dps are sitting at 7mins with support <2mins and from experience it’s more like 20-30 seconds. All they’ve done is given a higher percentage of the player base longer queue times. What a shambles.

Support queue times in masters and diamond are about the same as DPS. At least in OW1 they were. Support queue is the fastest now.

They went 1-2-2, but I always thought they should go 2-3-2.

After playing this 5v5 stuff, I find it gets boring after a couple of hours. And OW has never been boring. It’s a shame.

I wish they had gone 7v7, and worked to balance that so it doesn’t feel too chaotic.

But this 5v5, man… it’s straight up dull. I felt sad playing it.