Who's ready for radio silence from devs again?

Cant wait to go another 3-6 months without devs talking on their own website or making any balance changes :slight_smile: again.

16 Likes

We cant really call this radio silence yet. ill tell you what, if we go the next 20 days with absolutely nothing in both the forums and in the game, come back here and reply to me,

“i told you so”

and i will delete myself

9 Likes

It’s been 10 days since Jeff posted on the forums. Before that, it had been 3 weeks since he last posted.

And this was after they told us they’d be going dark after Blizzcon to work on OW2. Don’t be ridiculous.

Sidenote: We literally just got a balance patch. What?

5 Likes

theres been no response to the dragoon mercy controversy, which honestly, good, screw them

there was no response to the waves of people who were against the latest PTR changes to moira junk and bastion

im callin it, they’re gonna be borderline dead silent until summer games

im not sure if they’ve ever responded to complaints about balance changes unless there’s some kind of glitch.

1 Like

whats the point of putting something on experimental if they aren’t going to do anything at all with the feedback

1. It was a skin, what are they going to do, make another skin this quickly?
  2. They rarely respond for stuff like that, you just see the change did or didn’t go through. Remember the most recent brig nerf? Oh no, because that never left experimental. Clearly the moira, junk, and bastion changes had enough support to go through. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t have gone through.
  3. What are they going to say right now? “Hey, we’re STILL working on OW2, and you just got a patch, have fun with anniversary”? There’s just not that much to say.
11 Likes

they take the feedback and make adjustments to the changes if need be. some changes dont go through or get changed a little before being put on live.

this is something that they usually reply to if they intend to make changes but personally, I like the skin as is.

3 Likes

I mean the developers don’t care about this game much since OW 2 is around the corner. The only time they actually showed some care was around 2016 - 2017. Then things went quiet until Brigitte and then stayed that way. Horrid reworks came after and etc.

Horrid is a strong word for the reworks they’ve put out. Most were pretty shaky upon release but over time with more changes, i think they were all for the best.

yes, even mercy’s

they just release characters with the idea
“hey this kinda looks cool” with no regard of
A: how it interacts with specific heroes
B: How it will effect the meta its being inserted into
C: If the perception of the heroes power will be warped by the meta its released in
D: Does this hero make older heroes irrelevant

3 Likes

Also going to add that yesterday we got a PTR patch and 2 days ago one of the developers commented on a PS4 queue time issue.

“wHo’S rEaDy fOR rAdIO sILenCE”

6 Likes

It’s more so anticipation and honestly, can’t blame him.

i just think now, they’re genuinely trying harder now to prevent the radio silence. we’ve gotten pretty used to it.

1 Like

There’s clearly no reason to have such anticipation. Literally zero evidence to suggest they’re going to go silent.

1 Like

They’ve done it in the past many, many times. Now, I think they’re trying to genuinely improve on this front.

I’m not sure if they were all for the best, but Symmetra wasn’t at all. Symmetra was just a sad rework because they didn’t know how to construct a support non healer hero properly.

1 Like

Congratulations, you’ve discovered the patented Blizzard Formula.

Doesn’t change the fact that there is literally zero evidence to suggest it is going to happen again. Threads like these are completely unnecessary and only end up as a breeding pool for more negativity in an already pretty negative environment.

1 Like

That’s why i said, they’re currently trying their best to not let it happen again.

I personally think the new Sym is better. I don’t think old Sym would even have a place in the game in it’s current state.