Who was asking for a Zenyatta nerf?

Wasn’t he one of the few heroes that everybody agreed was balanced?
Why you do this to our zen :((

4 Likes

I’m not seeing the reasoning, but I love “1 shotting” enemy widows with him :slight_smile:

I don’t really think the nerf is gonna change too much for him. I feel like it can make him a bit better. Tested him on PTR yesterday and it didn’t really feel different to me.

2 Likes

Because OWL.

(20 characters)

Because pros wanted him nerfed but that’s the problem- he was ONLY too strong in GM and OWL so nerfing him for everyone was not fair at all

Thank god they change heroes not based on anyone “asking” but because it’s better for the game.

4 Likes

No no no. Because jjonak. They finally nerfed him.

1 Like

Pro players tired of Jjonak getting secondary fire headshots every 5 seconds.

5 Likes

and who decides if a balance change is good or bad for the game if not the community?

Actually he has one of the highest win rates across all ranks.

Saying that, I don’t mind. He rewards skill quite nicely. Wouldn’t have minded him being left alone. But I guess the nerf doesn’t really alter how he will be played from Bronze-Master so why worry about it?

Sym also has 60 % winrate
So lets nerf her I guess?

With significantly less play time. Sym is pretty strong in her niche in most ranks, which is how she was intended to be used in the Devs eyes.

Where as Zen has big pick rates across all ranks and has tremendously strong win rates. He works everywhere.

I mean, it’s actually a pretty valid pont tbh. (at least the nerf isn’t really bad)

That’s wishful thinking. What decides is the data they get from the game, their (the devs) own sense of the balance and then community overall feeling. A couple of posts in the forums is not “overall feeling”.

That’s why Zen got the nerf he got. It’s the type of nerf that only affects the insanely good players and not the rest of us. It just makes it harder for Zen to snipe a moving target across the map which is something that those of us normal players only get due to luck, not skill.

data is not a way to balance a game
One hero can have high pickrate or winrate without needing a change
Also 100 people (the dev team has around 100 members from old data, probably even less) can’t decide if a change is good or not without any players feedback. That’s the same like the “overall feeling” you said, too little people.

Good thing I mostly use left-click to pop off. :sunglasses:

Well, then you disagree with how the balancing is done right now, lol. They stated more than once that’s the triangle they use to balance the game.
And it’s been working ok on average.

yeah and the things you describe are deffinitly not the triangle, there feedback, dev opinion and statistics are all equally looked at

But these forums have what? At best a few thousand active posters.

The game has a 35mil strong player base, let’s assume only half play the game still at around 15mil. What the heck is a small portion of posters on a forum with a few thousand posters, going to represent 15 million people?

I know plenty of players who don’t post on reddit/this forum who despise builders, in fact more often than not they do. Yet if you look on these forums you would think everyone in the player base loved them. Despite it simply not being the case. The majority would rather they be niche picks. Yet that isn’t what these forums would have you believe.

1 Like