Who narrates the Dragons short?

and this is why i dont get people claiming hanzo need more lore.

1 Like

None of Hanzo’s lore is his own.

Literally all of it is tied to Genji.

Hanzo and Zen are accessories to Genji’s story. And even Mercy to some degree.

3 Likes

thats akward xdddddd

Ohhhhhhhh snap! So he is alive???

He’s not alive - the narration is a story Hanzo is remembering from his childhood.

Is he still alive? Any backstory on what he used to do?

The Shimada family was established centuries ago, a clan of assassins whose power grew over the years, enabling them to build a vast criminal empire that profited from lucrative trade in arms and illegal substances. As the eldest son of the family’s head, Hanzo was bound by duty to succeed his father and rule the Shimada empire. From a young age, he was trained for that responsibility, displaying a natural aptitude for leadership and possessing an innate understanding of strategy and tactics. He also excelled in more practical areas: he was a prodigy in martial arts, swordplay, and bowmanship.

Upon the death of his father, the clan elders instructed Hanzo to straighten out his wayward younger brother so that he, too, might help rule the Shimada empire. When his brother refused, Hanzo was forced to kill him. This act broke Hanzo’s heart and drove him to reject his father’s legacy, ultimately leading him to abandon the clan and all that he had worked so hard to attain.

From Hanzo’s bio

1 Like

i know im necroing…but im watching the shorts atm and it never hit me until today (ive seen them several times) that its narrated by cari-hiroyuki tagawa…which is pretty surprising honestly (hes one of my favorite japanese actors)

got me wondering if OW will ever have that kind of pull again