Who is Lead Writer? Who is it right now?

I can’t find out who it is, now that Alyssa Wong left yesterday! Was she actually the lead writer, after Micheal Chu left, btw?

I try to find who the lead writer is currently and in my search I only find Chu popping up.

Thanks!

1 Like

According to the last Overwatch AMA on Reddit:

How’s the lore coming?

Jeff Kaplan :

we’re in a really great place to move forward right now. over the past year we were lucky enough to get jeff chamberlain to become our new creative director. jeff was the director of our original announcement piece for overwatch back in 2014 (as well as some amazing blizzard cinematics over the years – WOTLK intro for example). we’ve also added some really amazing narrative designers and are partnering with our story and franchise development group (they make the animated shorts, origins movies, comics, statues etc) at an insanely intense level. there are some very cool lore developments coming.

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/i0t53g/ask_us_anything_join_the_overwatch_development/

7 Likes

It was never said if she was or not, but I don’t think she was.

1 Like

I caution folks to not get their hopes up too much about the story. I sense a big let down on the way.

4 Likes

Counterpoint: Jeff Chamberlain was the writer/director for The Last Bastion.

3 Likes

Bro if you think there ever was a lead writer to begin with I think we disagree.

1 Like

I’m going to research him, but all I hear is that he’s a director, not a writer? That’s a bit odd…

Michael Chu was the lead writer for Overwatch. For the sequel though, is unknown, but he must have worked on something.