Who is getting lag after new patch

I went from my normal 40ms to now 80-90 “Latency” The game is way to lagging to play now. Anyone else have the same issue?

1 Like

I’ll get periods of really random lag, and it’s…really noticeable. Haven’t had this issue until the last patch

No issues here, latency usually 50-60 instead of the ping-value that was 35-36. Saw something about latency was expected to be 10-20 higher then ping. Calculated differently and an average over shorter time then the old ping.

BUT, due to a patch in windows 10, i get stuttering periodically in games if i have netflix or some other video-heavy site on my 2nd monitor while gaming. Even if the video is paused. Can no longer use my 2nd monitor to watch netflix during queue-times due to it. Found several threads online about other people having it aswell.

You’re not lagging more than usual

I have no clue what to do. I use a wifi router and the a wireless Ethernet by Netgear. Have good computer.

They stopped giving you the ping and merged it with the RTT (round trip time). So the LATENCY metric you see will be higher than PING, but should be roughly on par with what RTT used to be.

For me, that has been the case. I used to be 20-21ms, now I’m around 38ish, which is what my RTT was roughly at.

Wifi is only so good. To make your Latency as small as possible you should try and use an ethernet cable if you can.

well mine isn’t. Anytime i fire/hit something the sounds don’t go off

Sounds and hit registration only, or are you also rubberbanding and clear delays in actions?

I know Overwatch has had a lot of problems with wifi/wireless in the past, and I have a 25m blue cable snaking through the living room as a testament to that. When I had such issues, rubber-banding was also part of the issue.

I use a Netgear Powerline 1200 and my wifi router is a Linksys EA9500

I got a comp match with lag it weird. I think it stopped though… there were 3 leavers on the enemy team. So it might have been there connection. I’m almost certain.

A tech friend told me to re download the game, it worked.

latency is higher than ping, it represent a different value, but generally a bit higher than your ping was, i know people who had 50 ping and now have 100 latency, i had 10 ping, now have 27 latency.