Who Actually Likes Mystery Heroes?

If you do, would you rather have it over another arcade mode? I can’t stand it especially as a permanent waste of an arcade slot.

1 Like

I like it, but the “expect things to get so unbalanced you aren’t going to have any chance of winning” keeps me from playing it regularly.

It’s probably all I play and have played for months. If I’m not in VS AI or custom games, I’m in Mystery Heroes. It’s my favourite official mode, hands down.

I don’t like it, but to be perfectly honest, my issue with it being permanent is that availability of every other mode suffers greatly as result. Some popular modes like Mayhem are barely ever available compared to it.

People who have no trouble winning and have nothing stopping them from congratulating themselves in match chat a split second after the game ends. Then acting all surprised and “manufactured hurt” when a losing team member points out that it actually wasn’t a “good game”.

In my experience at least.

According to this poll about 22% of the forums have it as their favorite game mode I’m guessing a good percentage more like it

Some people really enjoy it, but I can’t stand it. Way too chaotic and some characters are so much more broken than others, for example; Zarya is pretty much unkillable without an ult or major focus. And if she’s got a pocket Ana, just forget about it.

And stalling with so grim with all of the cheese Heroes being able to abuse low cooldowns.

Just not my idea of fun.

I love the chaos and high stakes and power of ults. It always feels amazing when you get that Bastion or second Orisa, or you get your main and go on a huge kill streak, or even better, do really well on a hero that you wouldn’t play otherwise. I basically only use MH for my arcade lootboxes.

I would much rather have total mayhem be permanent. Mystery is alright but its really not that interesting or fun

It’s the most popular arcade mode. Jeff made a poll long ago and it was the top voted one.

It’s the only mode I play in the game.

It either goes stomp or be stomped. Super unbalanced matchmaking. It’s a mess but I’ve also gotten easy wins before, but it’s a gamble

No, i just want them to never remove ffa from the arcade. I want to oractice my aim, and thats the best way. Mystery heroes sucks

i play it with the intention of playing dps heroes that i would normally not play, because i flex heal. but it can feel pretty pointless sometimes. it seems i always get the heros i don’t like playing like wrecking ball, doomfist, winston, and reaper, repeatedly. in the end i typically win with the heros i’m familiar with anyways. and it’s so unbalanced that even if my team does win it’s hard to know if it was purely because of rng or if we actually played better.

idk. i think it could be a legit arcade mode if they had more limitations in place, ie no duplicate hero’s on a team, always at least 1 tank and 1 healer at any given time, etc.

I think it should always be available as a training ground for new players.

But once you get to higher understanding of the game, it’s the worst because it is, ultimately, a game of chance and attrition. Which means that people who know the game become happy to die until they get 2-3 orisa’s, 1 heavy hitting dps, and a couple of healers. All of which could be fixed if Blizzard would eliminate or reduce the duplication incidents.

http://www.kidsmomo.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/cloudy_flint_raises-hand.gif