“While You Wait” is laughable

its all relative…how much of an increase did they get? were they also feeling compelled to play other games in the mean time before?

There is a reason, why QP Classic its always active… it is so u can go there to do your things without delay… without nothing like old widow-genji-hanzo matches. The new role queue Quick Match serves a new role now. As Jeff said, QP Role queue should be used for a warm up before a competitive… if u want to train a hero aim or have fun/throw I dont care how are u gonna call it, go to Arcade Classic QP!

People need to learn that… Quick Play Role Queue NOW is for playing heroes you know in competitive conditions without fearing to lose points or just for warm up! Everytime someone in a QP says “Its QP relax” (or anything similiar) I have to explain him that some of us are not here to throw or have fun doing random stuff… if u want to have a relaxed match go to Classic QP! Its active 24/24 hours, 7/7 days, 12/12 months ! Jesus… read and listen what developers saying/ publising on videos (and after all that explanation, they usually call me toxic. TOXIC, for explaining them what Jeff said!)…

You call it “downplay the mess” I call it “Do something fun while I wait”. Skirmish is not even near to “While you wait” cause you end up alone in an empty map.

1 Like

Read carefully what I wrote and reply to that, instead of what you think I wrote.

Yep. Not even current tank queue is as fast as old general queue was. There was zero friction because matchmaker could choose from the entire pool of current players to make a fair match. It was almost instantaneous. 10 second queues and play whatever you want with +85% of games either 2/2/2 or 1/3/2.
In the news system it’s spend half your time in queue as dps. Spend 1/3 your time in queue as healer (more even recently). Spend 1/6th your time in queue as tank. If you’re a true flex player doing each role equally you went from 10 second wait times to average like 5min wait times. But unevenly distributed so the dps wait time feels horrible. It is a really bad system for most people.

THIS
No GOATS
No 222

LFG alone is not good enough, here is the QoL for the LFG that we really need to never use the matchmaker again.

What the eff? I have 15 min queues as dps in diamond…

This new feature (while nice, it should have been in the game since release in my opinion) only fixes the alt+tab issue, it doesn’t fix anything about the queue times on any role.

Sure they do. Google the initial removal of Flying in WoW, and then Blizzard’s desperate back-tracking on it after the fallout.

Flying was not removed due to “data.” It wasn’t hurting the game. it was removed because the Dev’s in charge felt it trivialized their zone designs. Which was actually stated by them. And which they back-tracked on and added back in after the massive blowback from the players.

Whether or not Data was used in the regards to the topic of this thread, I’m not going to debate. I don’t personally know. But to say that “Blizzard would not do anything without data.,” is inaccurate. Their history as a company already shows otherwise.

I agree with op .it is a very lazy attempt to address the problem of role queues

Still not able to fly while most part of the newest expansion and then putting stupid requirements to get one is why I left playing world of Warcraft and threw my gaming laptop in dustbin

1 Like

I am honestly not surprised at any absurd bit of news I hear these days. It’s like the Trump effect has seeped into other aspects of my life.

Do we really need to bring politics to gaming forum ?

Do we need to? No. Did I? Not really. Will I, if I want to? Absolutely. Wasn’t the focus of my post but you have a NICE day. :roll_eyes:

Just saying it can trigger some people and just saying political names have made people earn vacations from forum .

Then good luck with your good manners .i have no intention of talking with bad behaved people

I guess I will never see you on the forums again XD

while you wait was worth it. Role Queue didn’t invent massive queue times, if you ever saw high rank queue times before role queue, you’d know queuing in high ranks can take 10+ minutes. also, 222 with role lock was needed because of the patch that doesn’t allow grandmasters to stack in sizes of more than 2. You can’t LFG for 222 if you can only 2 stack. If you don’t like the feature, don’t use it. Last thing is this map pool isn’t stale. Although there could’ve been some better map choices for the map pool, it removed the worst/most hated maps in the game(Paris, Horizon). Remember, while you wait is completely optional, as it is optional for you to click the most overpopulated role and complain about long queue times

Role queue DID create queue times for the rank(s) where most people actually play at. :roll_eyes:

Then don’t play the long queue times. You literally shouldn’t complain about long queue times when theres incredibly short queue times one button to the left. There’s a personal problem, the solution is right in front of your eyes, and you don’t want to fix it