Which hero works everywhere?

OWL is not ladder
repeat with me
OWL is not ladder
OWL is not ladder
OWL is not ladder

I say rein just because a) at any elo people understand how to work with him and b) hes not heavily mechanical

Op asked for general, not optimal. I would want a mediocre rein over a mediocre dva any time

A good D.va can legitimately make all 3 of those characters ultimates useless with a simple application of her DM ability. If your rebuttal to that is “but they can M1 me”, D.va has so much mobility you can choose to not fight those characters without support unless youre negating their abilities or ults with your DM. It’s actually crazy how well she messes those 3 up when played right :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t bother - if you read the above posts it’s established that despite being silver, they don’t want to admit that it might be their lack of skill that’s skewing their perception about D.Va and her ‘counters’.

They also seem to think simply bringing up someone’s rank is ‘rank shaming’ - which is ridiculous.

D.V.A

this is a troll comment right??? i mean i want to believe, this is a troll comment.

1 Like

D.Va is the best answer

If “But you can just run away” was a valid counter argument/strategy, Winston would be Sentry Bastion’s greatest counter & Brigitte would’ve utterly failed to damage Dive and/ir been F-Tier since day 1 as opposed to needing about 8 nerfs.

Out curiosity, has anyone calculated how often “quite frequently” is? I remember hearing somewhere the OWL success rate for DM eating Grav is only about mid-50’s on average.

GOATS

Your points about Bastion and Brig make no sense and don’t follow what I said at all.

As for DMing Grav in OWL, I don’t know if there’s any calculation on it - but as far as I’m concerned anything more than zero is a lot for pro play. Zarya players literally have one ability (since Genji isn’t in the game) to worry about for Graviton - and they still lose them to D.Va on a regular basis.

You claimed Reaper/Mei/Zarya aren’t “real counters” to D.Va because she’s mobile enough to just keep running away from them. Bastion/Mei has zero chance of ever catching up to Winston/Hammond if they don’t want her to either, but that doesn’t stop them from being counters (and some of the most one-sided ones in the game, at that.)

This game isn’t won by not dying, it’s won by holding the objective. If they can’t dive the objective out of fear of a hero, then that’s a counter. Doesn’t matter is said counter barely glimpses them.

That almost sounds like your problem is that DM functions at all when it comes to shutting down one of the most powerful Ults in the game.

D.Va for sure, shes in that weird balance stage where she isn’t OP, but still good in every situation.

???

It does not follow logically that because D.Va can escape from non-mobile heroes that are good against her, that being able to escape is 100% a counter to everything. I have no idea how you are reading that from my post.

Bastion doesn’t hard counter Winston - even though Winston is 100% reliant on his team to take out Bastion. A good Winston player will never be exposed to the Bastion and it becomes a game about playing the objective rather than getting kills.

Also, D.Va and Winston fulfill different roles. D.Va can project her matrix from a pretty far distance, and playing super defense to peel for your back line/ranged dps is an effective playstyle for her (and how you beat all the ‘counters’ to D.Va mentioned earlier).

As for Brig, she is an anti-dive hero that works because she can sit by dive targets to protect them. The point of dive is to focus down a single target - which is why Brig countered that play style - not any particular hero in that comp. All of the dive heros are viable, the comp just doesn’t work against Brig if she’s played correctly.